• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95XJ project

Noticed the battary tray was broken. Time to play with some toys and build a new one. A few measurements a couple of cuts and some welds and wala.

I used POR15 to paint it. Which didn't turn out that great but it will work.
New rubber so exciting🤗

So when I build the stroker. I choose to go with a high flow oil pump. That was a bad idea. The pump has putting to much pressure on the distributor gear, which took out the distributor gear and the cam.

I could buy a high pressure pump doing that....but a high flow ????

Seems like other issues may be happening...................

Alright it's time for a new project and it a big one. So here I go. I picked up a HP Dana 44 front axle from a family member for dirt cheap, but it is full width and I want to stay with the xj width. For the next few months I will be cutting, grinding, bending and welding the crap out of this thing. I hope everything works out. Starboard M from jeepfroum.com has an awesome thread about HP 44 that I will be using for guidance, along with a lot of other research.
OBJECTIVE:
Remove all mounts/ brackets
Remove the C's
Clean the housing and tubes
Cut tubes to fit 85 wagoneer axle shafts
Install C's
Fabricate mounts/ brackets/ and a truss
Install an ARB/ring and pinion/ axle shafts
Build up everything from the C's out
And install it

Why not just run full width?, you can make it with bs on the wheels. But I suppose waggy width will be fine. Nvm I see why..

Last edited:
Back