• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 Intermittent start up. No check engine light in "on". Code 12? HELP!!?

Re: 95 Intermittent start up. No check engine light in "on". Code 12? HELP!!?

You'll have to upload it to youtube and link it here - that's the easiest way to make it work.

That black connector with the white/lightblue and purple/green wires is for the outside air temp sensor that's only installed with the overhead console option. It plugs into an extension cable that goes to where the sensor is located, out in the front between the front bumper and grille.

Kastein - I was checking out the custom wiring and found this:

Inline fused (15) wire from battery which leads to this switch under the dash, the other wire leads to this red wire with yellow striping coming out at the port towards the top of the driver's side firewall.

Here's the pics

which leads into here

Inside view from under the dash where they exit firewall

Leading to this switch

The other wire exiting the switch leads to this red/yellow striped wire

Let me know what you think about that. I appreciate yalls help a lot.

wtf!

That sure is some "custom" wiring of the sort I was afraid of. Fortunately it looks to be related to the windshield wipers.

that's the wiper 'hi' circuit

you might check/ pull apart the main harness connector to the left of the brake booster and look for signs of corrosion

Ill check that out as well. No chance its the relays even though I swapped them with other old looking ones? Should I go buy new ones?

no... looking at your vid, the ECM isnt even waking to activate any relays... looks like a power feed problem to the ECM to me..

so damn hard to diag over the net, ya know? :/

Oh yea, I know lol. I think im going to grab a donor ECU tomorrow and see what happens...If it works, then well, well have to place an order for a brand new unit. Ill let you know digger

Don't bother with a brand new ECU, that's way too much money. You can get junkyard ones for 50/ea at the you-pull all day long.

I suspect it isn't the ECU, it's almost never the ECU, but if you can borrow one it's worth a try. I think it's wiring just not sure where.

True dat. Im not sure. I want to get this fixed, its a problem. But one that I can live with for a while if need be. I think I might have to call up my electronic guy to see if he can trace this in the near future. Thanks for all the input.

Back