• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'92 Eliminator Resto

Dang Scott It's lookin real good.

I seem to recall a Chevy S10 bumper used as a possible less expensive bumper option.
I'd like any info on pictured Jeep. That is really clean looking.

Got some more Ebay parts, spaced out the rear wheels 1.5" so they are flush with the flares. I think it looks much better.

Also swapped in a set of Cherokee shackles, that got the rear sittin' just right.

No pics of it out of the garage because the clutch it acting really weird and it's very hard to shift. I've vacuum bled it twice now, need to try something else as its pretty much undrivable at the moment.

Last edited:
Posting some pics I took a few months back on a trip back from Palm Springs, posted them in CC but never here. This is pre-shackle swap and rear wheel spacers.

Almost got stuck in the sand, yay 2WD.

Dang Scott It's lookin real good.

I seem to recall a Chevy S10 bumper used as a possible less expensive bumper option.
I'd like any info on pictured Jeep. That is really clean looking.

an S10 roll pan will fit.

Needs minor gap filling at the ends. that's how mine came, with a hitch hidden under the license plate.
51756269_445506105f_z.jpg

2wd is fine if you have some type of traction device. My open turdy5 blew up in soft sand st the dunes. My lsd 8.8 works just fine.
Don't you have a 44 to toss in there?

Finally getting hot on this project again. S10 roll pan trying to make work. 44 is getting ready to go in to, regeared to 3.73, just need the rest of the Explorer disc brake parts.

Wanna donate that stock bumper to me?

Wanna donate that stock bumper to me?

LOL. If it were chrome I'd have already been all over it.

I do have a question, though. Is that they correct Comanche badge? I had been under the impression the changed to a taller font for the later years.

Tree.fiddy? That's $3.50

Roll pan is hung, now I gotta body work all the dents I put in it:gee:

Gotta do something about that exhaust now too, it's just hangin out there.

Either chop it and put a nice exhaust tip on it.
Or be slightly more creative and maybe bend the pipe upward before the current bend and have the pipe angle down at a 45ish with some kind of exhaust tip.

Back