• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91+ Header for RENIX?

mattbred said:
Now, are all the HO header's like this? Banks, borla, thorley, etc?
I don't believe so. See it's strange because the header like the APN (Which is more or less identical to a Banks I know) doesn't clear the Renix intake or the 99+ intake, but it does clear the early (91-98) style HO intake. I think Borla's headers extend further out than up so there might be one of those that would work, it's just hard to make a gamble with $500. Honky and I gambled with $130 or whatever it was and that even sucked.

90PioSport99 said:
I don't believe so. See it's strange because the header like the APN (Which is more or less identical to a Banks I know) doesn't clear the Renix intake or the 99+ intake, but it does clear the early (91-98) style HO intake. I think Borla's headers extend further out than up so there might be one of those that would work, it's just hard to make a gamble with $500. Honky and I gambled with $130 or whatever it was and that even sucked.

I'm using a Banks header with a 99+ intake, what exactly about it doesn't clear?

So lets say I have a 95 4.0 with the 95 HO style intake in my 87 XJ. I still have the Renix header bolted up but it is cracked and I have a nice HO header just sitting around. Will a HO style header bolt up to my Renix style exhaust?

jeepboy381 said:
So lets say I have a 95 4.0 with the 95 HO style intake in my 87 XJ. I still have the Renix header bolted up but it is cracked and I have a nice HO header just sitting around. Will a HO style header bolt up to my Renix style exhaust?
If your talking about the down pipe? The answer is no. If you look back at the comparison pics, the RENIX header points more down, the HO points more towards the back (of the jeep). BUT, I "think" you would only need a new down pipe.

imma honky said:
If your talking about the down pipe? The answer is no. If you look back at the comparison pics, the RENIX header points more down, the HO points more towards the back (of the jeep). BUT, I "think" you would only need a new down pipe.
That is what I figured, I will probably just buy some exhaust tube parts and weld up my own or take it to a shop and have them bend me a new one. Thanks

goodburbon said:
I'm using a Banks header with a 99+ intake, what exactly about it doesn't clear?
Ok, I take that back, I thought the APN and Banks were identical, apparently not though. The APN/99+ intake combo needs clearencing on the #6 tube of both the intake and exhaust.

I have a Mike Leech/Mopar header on my 90. First time they sent it to me, it did not have the EGR fitting. I called up Kolak, and he said just send it back to Mike Leech, he'll put it on and send it back. I said, I thought the Renix and HO manifolds were different. Nope, the only difference is the EGR. I don't know what the latest year this is true for, but I can tell you for a fact that the HO header from Mopar fits just fine on a Renix. I can't speak for the rest of the exhaust system, since all of mine is custom.

Fred

Hi - was this mock up done with an HO or RENIX head? Aren't the alignment pins on the RENIX head in different locations then on the HO head?

Thanks.

imma honky said:
Ask and yee' shall receive!
Here you go 5-90
Best I could do, hope it helps.
I bolted the APN non-renix header to the head, and held the renix intake.
Even if you shaved off a significant amount, it would still hit the exhaust runners.

Renix head.
As far as the differences in the heads, I couldn't say for sure other than portings. I don't have an HO engine to work with.
But, the HO headers bolt up to a renix head fine (minus aligning correctly)

Back