• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 intake swap

I was able to stretch/reroute the trans cable and it fit so I'll go with it. I noticed the same thing on the wires to the TPS. You'll have to let me know if you try it and if it works. I was going to mod the 89 to fit the 91-95 tb. I too saw you can mod the shaft to accept the older TPS.

Re: 89 intake swap - Throttle, trnas and CC cables?

For those that have put this manifold on a RENIX engine....

The TB control cables all were routed down beside the intake on the RENIX engine. The new manifold routes them across the top of the valve cover. The target vehicle is a 1987 XJ with a stock 4.0, soon to be rebuilt.

I have the 1995 Head, TB, cable bracket, along with the 2000 intake. Will the existing RENIX cables from the pedal, AW4 and CC servo canister connect to the 1995 cable bracket on the 2000 intake, or do I need the cables from one of the oonor vehicles? I live about 60 miles from the yard and really need to know before I go back there.

I did it the easy way on my XJ and MJ. Ford orange top injectors and a 60MM throttle body from www.strokedjeep.com. All bolt together with no fabbing. The XJ has an HO head which I port matched to Renix gasket and manifolds during a swap. The MJ is all Renix. Both run quite strong with real snappy throttle response.

Thanks for the reply. However, it does not answer my question. I understand the difference between the heads and thorttle bodies. Although I won't need to, with the HO head, I can do port matching. :roll:

I need to know about the fitment and interchangability of the 3 control cables that will connect to the HO throttle body, the throttle cable, AW4 cable and the Cruise Control cable. What did you do with these?

i did on my 89. i used a throttle cable from a ho xj. the trans cable was just barely log enough to do it

Back