• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 MJ Plow Truck $5k OBO

brickmiata

NAXJA Forum User
So, I've been a member here since I bought this truck last fall but this may actually be my first post. Anyway, here goes...

The truck is located in central MA but I bought it from a guy in Buffalo, NY who had brought it up from VA two years prior. Once in Buffalo, it was used as a winter vehicle but prior to that, it lived in VA and probably didn't see too much snow or salt.

When I bought it, it was a stock, ugly and poorly running 4.0/ba10/np231 with d30/d35 and the lovel disco front axle.

Initially it got all new fluids, plugs, wires, cap and rotor.

Through the end of last year, it got:

External slave ax15/np231 without disco
Disco totally disabled and sealed
Boostwerks transfer case linkage
New clutch disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing, fork, master and slave cylinders
Shifter rebuilt
New joints front to back
Brake booster/master out of a 96 XJ
New brake calipers, wheel cylinders, pads, rotors, drums, shoes, and all hardware
Subaru WRX seats
New intake/exhaust gaskets
Valve cover gasket and valve cover mod to prevent excess oil pickup
Vac lines were greatly simplified and all leaks fixed
Mac's aluminum expansion tank
A/C was non-op and was deleted
Alternator upgraded to 100A to deal with plow and was relocated to A/C mount
Grp 34 Battery also for plowing
Kelley's WIP battery and ground cable upgrades... Complete kit
Fischer 7ft Speedcast plow (electric pump with full up/down/side/side control)
2" BDS coils in the front to level the truck with the plow frame mounted
Timbrens to keep it level with the blade mounted and lifted
4 new rancho shocks
Brown dog motor mounts
Full gauge cluster and all sensors swapped to make fully functional
Has some snow tires with great tread on them and a fresh alignment to make sure they last

When I bought it, there were a few issues that made inspection impossible. For starters, it had the wheel tubs in the bed cutout for a camper at some point, there were some small holes in the rockers/cab corners, and there were many small electrical gremlins that kept lights doing funky things all the time.

Happy to say, over the course of a month or so, I went through the entire truck and got every wire, fuse, bulb and even bulb holder either refurbished or replaced. Then I welded patches in the rockers and made some badass 1/8 plate wheel tubs in the bed and it now has a brand new MA inspection sticker. BEFORE SALE, I WIL BE BEDLINING THE WHEEL TUBS AND FINISHING THE PATCHES IN THE ROCKERS. I only showed them in the condition I did to show what exactly got fixed.

I'm looking to sell the truck and plow as a pair as they are basically built for each other at this point. My asking price is $5k OBO. I'm not looking for trades but bring on the offers. Below is a link to my for sale thread on comanche forums and a link to the quick build thread over there too.

Brian
774-239-4194

http://comancheclub.com/topic/46812-87-plow-mj-in-ma/#entry478080
http://comancheclub.com/topic/45549-comanche-for-the-snow/

Last edited:
Small price drop to $4800 OBO with everything including plow and spare parts
$3500 OBO for the truck and all spare parts
$1400 OBO for the plow, frame and harness

Price is flexible but I strongly suggest you come check it out in person and take it for a drive. Everything on the truck works very well. Not many 28yr jeeps move this well on the highway or stop this well either.

happy jeeping

Back