• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 Jeep Cherokee

Posting for a friend

Pics can be seen here http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1070708

For sale is what's left of an '87 Jeep Cherokee. I have literally replaced or modified everything except the engine. It's been my baby for over 5 years, but it's time to grow up and buy a house.
Asking $7,500

Currently located in Salinas, CA but I live in Los Angeles. Can meet anywhere (maybe Hollister) for a test run as long as you're a serious buyer and have cash in hand.

Build thread here:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985651

Exterior
- Full exo out of 1 5/8" tube
- Unibody frame plating and sliders
- Bumpers with tow points
- Back half of cab chopped
- 36x13.50R17 Bias Super Swamper Iroks
- DIY Beadlocks Powder coated
- Full size spare

Drivetrain
- Perfect running 4.0 liter inline six
- Just passed smogged and registered until May '13
- AX15 Manual Transmission- the guy I bought it from said it was rebuilt 1000 miles ago but no paperwork
- NP231 transfer case with slip yoke eliminator
- High Flow Magnaflow cat
- Spintech Muffler
- Custom drivelines
- 4.88 gears
- Rear Cherokee Dana 44 rear
- 33 spline grande Alloy chromo shafts
- Detroit locker rear (33 spline carrier)
- Front Dana 30 re-tubed for custon 3 link (see build)
- Full chromo shafts
- Brand new Grizzly locker
- Warn Locking Hub kit
- Synergy Suspension HD ball joints
- Inner C knuckle gussets
- Powdercoated Ruffstuff diff covers

Suspension
- Rear Custom dual triangulated four link
- Rear Poly Performance truss kit
- Front custom three link with panhard
- Crossover steering with heim joints
- Approx 6.5" lift
- Fox Remote Reservoir Shocks front
- Bilstein 5100s rear
- Daystar bump stops
- All Poly Performance Johnny Joints, bushings, and Ruffstuff heims used
- Wheelbased stretched to 109"

Well over $10K invested plus 100s of hours

Tons of spare parts.

For the full asking price I will throw in the 38" Toyos on 20s

PM me and I can get you in contact with the seller or contact him through Pirate

Thanks

I've read that build a few times. its a nice rig. did he ever finish the WJ knuckle swap ?

ishe still having on road drivability issues?

I've read that build a few times. its a nice rig. did he ever finish the WJ knuckle swap ?

Is he still having on road drivability issues?

I never did finish the WJ swap. It got put on the backburner and I wanted a stronger front locker more than I wanted bigger brakes. I was working with Mr. Blaine (Black Magic) and he was confident he could get the right parts. It probably needs another $300 in parts to do the conversion.

The only real issue it has on the street is that the suspension is so soft that it sways a lot. I think a sway bar (it has none) would fix it and make its road manners much better. But off road the suspension works awesome and I couldn't be happier.

Hey you know Keith and Mike. They've shown me pictures of your rig. Nice work man.

What's up Chris! Keith told me you wanted to do some of the same stuff to your XJ that I've done to mine, I told him you should just save yourself $4K and buy mine :laugh:

And here's some of the good pics for those who don't want to look through them all

1328574462347.jpg

TurkeyClaw1.jpg

HighVista2.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0405.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0402.jpg

1966.jpg

1967.jpg

Hahaha Easy now, you can't just start out rollin on dubs, homie. You gotta build up your street cred first. Just kidding, I got those cause I didn't want to burn up my bias Iroks on the street and got a deal on those wheels and tires. Are you surprised I picked up those wheels in Seaside?

Hahaha Easy now, you can't just start out rollin on dubs, homie. You gotta build up your street cred first. Just kidding, I got those cause I didn't want to burn up my bias Iroks on the street and got a deal on those wheels and tires. Are you surprised I picked up those wheels in Seaside?
Ahh shit, guess I need to start racing on friday nights. No I am not surprised those came out of Seaside Haha. Where do you have the Jeep @?

Keith and/or Mike are picking the Jeep up from Right Gear today or tomorrow and it will probably be at Mike's house for a while if you want to check it out. I want to make a Hollister trip soon. Somehow, I've never wheeled there. The Jeep has always been down south and I've never wanted to drag it all the way up there just to go to Hollister. But I couldn't find a good gear shop around here, so I had an excuse to take it up there.

haha? really? whats the specs on the Cj?
why don't ya just keep the darn XJ?

will do, i should have time to come by your shop if your there. I'm trying to make it just a day trip to pick up the crawler and bring it back to sac so it'll be a lot of driving. I"ll be parting out the xj to get this thing going. Pre smog propane injected on 39.5's>my xj... I'tll be the first time since 2000 i won't have an xj, i'm sure that won't last long.

Back