• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'80s Track of the Day

Blackfoot, GoodRats, Molly Hatchet....

red91inWA said:
Here is Obscure 4 ya...Tones on Tail.

Burning Skies and Go! are two of the most-played tracks on my iPod, apparently :)

5-90 said:
Sillwater - "Mind Bender." Really, a talking guitar?

Woohoo! The first one I've had to look up to understand :) I'm guessing you meant "Stillwater"? Interesting, definitely bluesy...

My 70's tune of the day: Black Sabbath "Laguna Sunrise"

My 80's tune of the day: G 'n' R "Nightrain"

My 90's tune of the day: Iron Maiden "Hallowed Be Thy Name"

My 00's tune of the day: Mudvayne "Fall Into Sleep"

;) just in case someone gives a skit...

casm said:
Burning Skies and Go! are two of the most-played tracks on my iPod, apparently :)

Woohoo! The first one I've had to look up to understand :) I'm guessing you meant "Stillwater"? Interesting, definitely bluesy...

Yeah - "Stillwater." I'm recovering from a week-long case of stupidfinger... Not as bad as "low brain voltage," but definitely annoying...

Blues - boy, that takes me back. While everyone else was having portable CD players in their cars, I kept an old 8-track in my Bug. I swear, 8-tracks are the BEST way, bar none, to listen to blues. Even on .mp3, it just ain't right somehow... I've got to see if I still have those old blues 8-tracks somehwere...

I don't understand rich, uppity white kids trying to play the blues tho. It's not enough to know which notes to play, but you've got to know why they need to be played. What do yuppie kids have to be blue about - Old Navy ran out of khakis? The nearest Starbucks is three miles away? Gawd.

5-90

casm said:

WOW!

Never thought I'd find another Tones on Tail fan.....

Bauhaus a little to dark for ya ?

Go! is a kick ass tune.

Definately need to make room for Bitchin' Camaro by the Femmes.

Iron Maiden - "Can I Play With Madness?" To me, it's almost as good as the live cut I've got of "Sanitarium" (Metallica.)

I like oddball stuff - Metallica and Iron Maiden sit with Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Muddy Waters, Ray Stevens, Roger Miller, Tom Lehrer (old Dr. Demento stuff,) and whatever else I happen to like.

Pretty much the only thing I can't really stand is the "new" (c)rap - I liked rap in its original form, before it got all racist, sexist, and violent. It seems to me that now "rap" isn't so much an art form or a means of musical expression, as it is a way for n*****s with no talent or useable/saleable skills to make inordinate amounts of money. (Yes, I use that word on purpose. I don't have anything against blacks - or any other colour, for that matter - but there will be racism as long as there are those who insist upon being n*****s.)

5-90

5-90 said:
Now, if we're going to do the 80's, let's do them right!

"Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats?

5-90

OMG that came on the radio a couple months ago on my ride home from work... I liked to cause a wreck trying to root out a CD - any CD - to lay the axe down on that song's neck.

I had to play lots of "easy listening" to exorcize that sucker... and now it's back in my head - rent free LOL

woody said:
OMG that came on the radio a couple months ago on my ride home from work... I liked to cause a wreck trying to root out a CD - any CD - to lay the axe down on that song's neck.

I had to play lots of "easy listening" to exorcize that sucker... and now it's back in my head - rent free LOL

Yeah - "easy listening." Ever listen to Fight? It's the band that Rob Halford started after he left Priest. Damn, good stuff. He didn't lose anything, that's for sure. "Immortal Sin," "Contortion," and "Reality, a New Beginning" are probably the best off of War of Words.

That should effectively exorcise those dancing midgets...

5-90

red91inWA said:
Never thought I'd find another Tones on Tail fan.....

Got into them by accident probably about 15 years ago or so. Don't have as much of their stuff as I really should.

Bauhaus a little to dark for ya ?

Nah, nor is Suicide :)

Definately need to make room for Bitchin' Camaro by the Femmes.

By any chance is that a cover of the Dead Milkmen song? Never got into the Femmes that much, but they're not bad from what I've heard.

casm said:
Got into them by accident probably about 15 years ago or so. Don't have as much of their stuff as I really should.

Nah, nor is Suicide :)

By any chance is that a cover of the Dead Milkmen song? Never got into the Femmes that much, but they're not bad from what I've heard.

no your right...it was the dead milkmen.....it's been a long day.

You forgot Blanc Mange, Midnight Oil, The Jesus and Mary Chain, and Oingo Boingo....

Back