• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.5" Lift from Rusty's. Can I have some Feedback

there is no perfect lift out there. I'd have to piece together my suspension to get what I want if I didnt build it myself.

I'm piecing for everything. RC long arms, RE 5.5" coils, Rusty's 3.5" leaf packs, HDOffroad Engineering shackle boxes and TnT U-bolt eliminators. Although it's a work in progress.

every rustys experience ive had has been negative.. I have personally watched the threads pull out of more then one rustys track bar...

every rustys experience ive had has been negative.. I have personally watched the threads pull out of more then one rustys track bar...

The year that I bought my XJ and joined Naxja, 3 different people in my chapter had their rigs totalled by Rusty's trackbar failures. These days friends dont let friends use...

The year that I bought my XJ and joined Naxja, 3 different people in my chapter had their rigs totalled by Rusty's trackbar failures. These days friends dont let friends use...

have any pics of this? if we post them every time a rustys trackbar thread comes up maybe we can save some lives

If you have rustys you will die....

mid_4-ED9ED23AE2834034A3838BFC8B57A246.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/pondomoto#p/u/28/z18rOH-0XPc

It most common for the insert to strip out and the whole rod end will pull out... Ive seen this happen to rustys track bars and one of their heim style steering setups

/thread

1 of the reasons I got rid of my Rusty's stuff , 2 more reasons is their powdercoating is horrible and their shipping is rediculas!

I'd would wait for RE, ive run their lifts and they can't be beat. They say they will have products available again on August 1. If not, piece together your own, it won't be cheaper, but will be better all the way around.

just my .02.... I will never ever again go with rustys.. not only is my jeep the biggest hunk of sh*t because of their parts but they sent me some of the parts for the front of the lift... and the shackles.... then a week later i still never received anything for the rear so i called and was very rudely told the leafs were on back order.. then i called a month later and they said they were shipped out.. called a week later and they said that the springs would be in their shop the next day.. so they didnt tell me they were on back order.. then were assholes then lied about them being shipped.. and in 2 months i finally had a whole kit... save yourself the hassle and go with rough country.. better quality good price and top of the line customer service..

Im sure they would give you the new style if you break the old style.

Bad joint #1 = new flex joints 3 days later

Bad joint #2 = new rebuildable flex joints 3 days later

Bad joint #3 = new rebuild kits 3 days later

Bad joint #4 = big box full of joints and rebuild kits

Bad joint #5 = replaced with big-box-of-joints

Bad joint #6 = new "special" joints 3 days later.....

That's my journey with the joints so far. I think I received the "new" style joint bushing this time since the last 5 bushings all seemed to be the same. Just the joint housing was changed. Despite the crazy number of issues, RC has been on top of it each time and never let me down.

Back