• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5 most likely breaks

bgcntry72 said:
That one kinda explains itself, dontcha think?
:laugh2:
damnit!!! i looked at your post for a good minute thinking to myself, i just dont get it. so yeah, a ripped off brakeline

i've spit a few caps on 297 and 760 joints leading to breaking joints and sometimes shafts, I weld them in now (spicer shafts).

rear driveshaft, but mine is about a foot longer than an XJ

tie-rod nice and bent, but not broken. not any more, 1.31" of solid steel :D

bent main-leaf, not really broken, but i carry a spare

Muffler fell off while driving too fast down a muddy road, and I had the drivers side front shock pull through the fender once. Other than that, paint, oh and that pesky CPS sensor.

Pictures!

Pictures make it so much more fun... - Thumbnails for all you 56k users
click the pic to see the full size...

Complete Cat Back -

Tie Rod -

Sheetmetal -

Yoke Straps -

These arent broken yet - but the hit on them caused the drive home breakage

Heater Control Valve -

This gets broken when you bump it with the socket extention while pulling your plugs after sucking water into the engine.
My therory is that it gets broken because it is cheap china plastic that heats up, cools down, heats up, cools down, then becomes brittle...
I had to booty fab it and shove the 3/8" 3" extention in there to get myself out of a hole then i could get a ride to Pepboys...

d30 u-joints, tires, exhaust, tires, rear ds, brakelines

I ripped a few tires too, and unmounted many more

have we got 5 yet? :laugh3:

Cat, o2 sensors, mufflet,tailpipe,tierod,draglink, tcase,driveshafts, ujoints,hub/unitbearings....brakelines, sheetmetal,glass,mirror mounts..sidewalls, rims ...and on and on.....I like.... "whatever you dont have as a spare" is what's gonna break..... :laugh3:

Back