• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

383 in my xj

as far as headers, those were standard hooker, block huggers... its the only thing that would work... Im actaully having difficulty finding a company that makes a block hugger header with 1.75" primaries and 3.5 to 4.0 inch collectors.

okay so i see a listing for standard hooker block huggers for $148. Did you try anything else before buying the hooker ones??? I am currently running factory ram horn exhaust manifolds on mine. only asking cuz i would figure a block hugger is a block hugger header regardless of brand except for the hedman tight tube ones... and you can get some block huggers for cheap on ebay.

I didnt try anything else because Advanced Adapters recommended them to me, they said they tried various styles but with it being so tight, the block huggers were the only ones that would fit..... Im having a really hard time trying to find huggers that can be used on this 383.... need to be 1.75" primaries and at least 3.5" collectors..

okay. Yeah with that tube and collector size, that sounds like full length header sizes. I seriously doubt finding a block hugger with that big of a collector as that would defeat the purpose of tight fitment with a huge collector flange being there... I am not just a jeep junky, i do know about high performance chevy engines. I have a very built 436 small block in my 66 chevelle and i run that same header dimension but full length obviously with 2.5" exhaust...

My MJ is about 700 hp, no twists or cracks yet (that I can tell). It's getting a cage very soon so that should help with some of those concerns.
Mustangs, Camaros etc are all unibody and they hold up pretty well to lots of HP, the cage goes a long way.

JJacobs, small block Chevy? If yes, what are doing for exhaust? Any clearance issues?

Back