• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

350 sbc swap jeep xj 2000

alourd

NAXJA Forum User
Hi
I'm planning to go to a small block 350 in the 2000 Jeep Cherokee

I want your help in getting

1- headers long or short
2- motor mount

Any ideas !!!

3-just do an LSx.

More power right off the bat, minimal cost difference if you get a truck motor and parts are just as cheap.

3-just do an LSx.

More power right off the bat, minimal cost difference if you get a truck motor and parts are just as cheap.

I have a Tahoe 2008
Silverado 2007
Avalanche 2009

All of them had problems in LS engine
Small Block I can be relied upon in the long trips. In highway or desert

Novak or Advanced Adapters has most of the parts to do a SBC swap. Are you planning on FI or going backwards to a carb?

LSx platform engines are normally very reliable. What issues did you have?

LSx platform engines are normally very reliable. What issues did you have?

x2

Either way, AS someone stated Novak has pretty much everything you need/want to make the swap simple.

If you had issues with a Vortec engine you are about the only one. Try putting oil or coolant in them maybe? :dunno:

Novak has the answers for all your questions.

Also: I hope you don't mind hacking up your instrument panel because you are not going to get your stock gauges all working with a carbed 350.

I am in the middle of a 350 swap in my 90 model. I am going with a Vortec 350. I used Novak bolt in mounts. They were well worth the money. For those that have done the swap which headers did you use?

I have a sb 350 in my xj. If I were going to do it over again, I'd go with an LS motor. Zero question. Runs better, more reliable, more power, runs cooler. Yeah, you can get an old, unidentified 350 for cheap, but trust me, you'll end up paying for it somehow.
there really is just absolutely no reason to go with an old 350 these days... I hear all the time from old -timers about how computers are too hard to work on... jesus, buy a book. It's not that difficult.

either way, check out novak. They pretty much have everything you need.

Last edited:
Back