• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

350 LT1 crate (I'm still giddy!!!)

Big C said:
Aftermarket EFI, eh? What brand?

I have yet to actually get that far in the conversation with him. All he said is that he had it and I could have it if I could use it. I'm pretty sure that any 350 intake mani will fit on any 350 right? I mean as far as anything that I would put in my truck (earlier models). Correct me if I'm wrong...

After I figure out what kind of intake mani it is, though I can start finding out what I'm going to have to do electronically with it...chip, wiring, etc. I'm looking forward to it whatever it is, though :)

350xj4x4 said:
I have yet to actually get that far in the conversation with him. All he said is that he had it and I could have it if I could use it. I'm pretty sure that any 350 intake mani will fit on any 350 right? I mean as far as anything that I would put in my truck (earlier models). Correct me if I'm wrong...

After I figure out what kind of intake mani it is, though I can start finding out what I'm going to have to do electronically with it...chip, wiring, etc. I'm looking forward to it whatever it is, though :)
There are 3 intake manifold bolt patterns for SBC (not including race heads)-
1986 on back- The most common intake manifold bolt pattern. perimeter bolt valve covers
1986-1995 iron heads- center bolt holes are angled differently from the older cylinder heads, can be made to work with the older style with a little dremeling, iirc. also have center bolt valve covers
1986-1991 alunimum heads-same as older style. center bolt valve covers
1996-up vortec heads- completly differnt bolt pattern as well as higher intake runners. dirt cheap, and powerful. Uses only 4 bolts per cylinder head versus 6 per head on pre 1996 heads.

I'd look into getting a TPI intake manifold if his setup doent come with one. They're torquey as hell!

Big C said:
There are 3 intake manifold bolt patterns for SBC (not including race heads)-
1986 on back- The most common intake manifold bolt pattern. perimeter bolt valve covers
1986-1995 iron heads- center bolt holes are angled differently from the older cylinder heads, can be made to work with the older style with a little dremeling, iirc. also have center bolt valve covers
1986-1991 alunimum heads-same as older style. center bolt valve covers
1996-up vortec heads- completly differnt bolt pattern as well as higher intake runners. dirt cheap, and powerful. Uses only 4 bolts per cylinder head versus 6 per head on pre 1996 heads.

I'd look into getting a TPI intake manifold if his setup doent come with one. They're torquey as hell!

Hm....I guess I'll chew on that for a while hahaha. Thanks for that. I'll see what year he got it off of and see what we can do :)

350xj4x4 said:
Hm....I guess I'll chew on that for a while hahaha. Thanks for that. I'll see what year he got it off of and see what we can do :)
Cool, let me know what happens with this thing. Like I said early, I know SBC engines pretty well! :)

Big C said:
Cool, let me know what happens with this thing. Like I said early, I know SBC engines pretty well! :)

Right on, thanks for the reference. Just for the info, the engine that I got out of the suburban (looks like it's in really nice condition) is an 83 (the most common one you were talking about).
FYI-I'm putting a lot of work into the suspension to get this thing rolling yesterday and today. I'm going to start a new thread with links to all my pictures. I've got a few that you can check out if you'd like. I don't know what I'm calling the thread, yet so just look for my name or something.
Thanks again,
~Charlie

350xj4x4 said:
Right on, thanks for the reference. Just for the info, the engine that I got out of the suburban (looks like it's in really nice condition) is an 83 (the most common one you were talking about).
FYI-I'm putting a lot of work into the suspension to get this thing rolling yesterday and today. I'm going to start a new thread with links to all my pictures. I've got a few that you can check out if you'd like. I don't know what I'm calling the thread, yet so just look for my name or something.
Thanks again,
~Charlie
Very good, parts for that era are stupid cheap. Throw a real cam in it, a set of vortec heads, and a good intake (perhaps an edelbrock vortec intake) and youll have a kickin engine!

Last edited:
Big C said:
Very good, parts for that era are stupid cheap. Throw a real cam in it, a set of vortec heads, and a good intake (perhaps an edelbrock vortec intake) and youll have a kickin engine!

You said it! and around here (idaho) it's ridiculous what you can find chevy parts for. I bot a suburban rolling (minus the tranny and transfercase) for $300!!! I love how easy it is to get a hold of those around here. Not to mention how easy it makes it to find people who work on them! hahaha

Back