• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

32x12.50 on 3" lift

I think you guys are interchanging offset and back spacing. Back spacing is measured from the mounting surface of the wheel to the inside of the inboard rim. The less back spacing you have the more the tires will stick out from the vehicle, generally 3.5” is good on an XJ. Offset is where the wheel mounts in relation to the width of the rim and is measured in positive and negative numbers. Say you have an 8” wide rim; zero offset would mean that the mounting surface is exactly in the middle of the rim. Negative offset makes the tire stick out further away from the body and positive offset makes the tire tuck in closer to the body. As soon as you start messing with different width rims it will completely mess you up. If you try to use the offset and back spacing numbers from an 8” wide rim on a 10” wide rim the tire will not be positioned in the wheel well the same. I guess that’s part of the fun and games when you start modifying vehicles. All of this would be much easier if rim manufactures would standardize how measurements are taken, but I’m not holding my breath. :laugh3:

I will try and get some pics up of my XJ flexing. It has the rough Country Add-a-Leaf (mistake I know), but the fenders are cut and it flexes damn good. I will send you some when I get some pics.

I have the Super Flex. Below are the only pics I have taken since lifting. Might have to find a way to take care of that this weekend.

30's:

XJ3.jpg

XJ2.jpg

XJ4.jpg

say you had a 96 xj...and you put the RE 4.5" superflex kit on it...what would be the best set up of wheels and tires to put on it?

oh did i mention that i'd like to keep the trimming to a minimum, hopefully around none

also wondering: is that lift high enough that i'll need to get a slip yoke eliminator or do anything like that, or is it still low enough that the stock stuff will be fine?

Last edited:
oh snap I meant 3.5" I mean you should just get a SYE installed at 3."

And you will need some shims. That should just about do it for driveline angles.

SYE are a highly opinionated mod discussion. If your heep is going to see on road travel at pretty good speeds a SYE would be good starting at 3-4 inches, but if you're only offroad and not worried about the vibes you can probably get by with 5.5-6 before you start dropping your shaft while flexing. oh yeah... trim like hell and run big meats

I run an '85 xj with a 3 in. lift, 32x11.50x15 tires, and ford exploder wheels. I don't have any problems with fender contact, however I rub on the frame and sway bar when turning sharp under heavy flex. I only have 1/4 in. spacers on the front wheels. When sitting still there is only 1/8 in. of clearance between tire sidewall and the rear springs. This may give you an idea for a starting point of what you need to do. My problems will be cured by summer as I'm installing heavier and wider axles and 35 in. tires.

I have a 95 XJ with 3" super lift kit and add a leaf with 1.75 spacer up front and 1.25 inch shackel lift and 32" super swampers on AR767 and I'm all in my fenders.

here is a pic of the most recent run damage.
http://bayoujeepersoffroad.com/albums/album01/XJNash1.sized.jpg

Also running stock break lines but really need to move them down. Also Locked in front with arb and rear with trac-loc. I had even trimmed the front fender but after I disconnected and started to really flex it got into it.

Last edited:
Back