• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" rusty's lift...brakeline extension??

Just my $0.02 but I run 4.5" of lift in the rear and I still use the stock brake line. I have done nothing to it, everything is just like it was when it was brand new. Even at full drop the brake line is not tight, there is still some play with it. Now with more then 4.5" in the rear I would put on a longer brake line but since you are running 3" of lift I dont think you need too.

Lukipela said:
Just my $0.02 but I run 4.5" of lift in the rear and I still use the stock brake line. I have done nothing to it, everything is just like it was when it was brand new. Even at full drop the brake line is not tight, there is still some play with it. Now with more then 4.5" in the rear I would put on a longer brake line but since you are running 3" of lift I dont think you need too.

on my '89 as soon as i went 4.5 inches without flexing that was it for the brake line. not sure what year your rig is, maybe they had longer lines on certain years? i just know on mine there was no way i could go offroad and droop my axle without longer lines.

cstilesiscool said:
I just know on mine there was no way i could go offroad and droop my axle without longer lines.

yeah my rear brakeline ext. is really tight.. I afraid I go on a dirty road or wherever I go that may make cherokee bumps. it may break it and losing fluid... it my dd. I want do some fun for the spring/summer w/o a problem.

Last edited:
Back