• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" Lift - RK vs. Rustys vs...?

My son just put the rustys 3.0 kit on his 99 . I like the kit, it rides and looks good . I have the 4.5 RE super flex on my off road toy ,but Iam planning on getting a XJ daily driver soon. I will get the rustys 3.0 kit for it .

Thanks for all the comments guys, I appreciate it. Lots of good stuff to toss around.

Definitely will do the adjustable trackbar, have an RE adjustable on the front of the rubi now and will toss it on the XJ when I lift it, I need to upgrade the rubi track bar to something w/a beefier mount b/c I'm worried about ripping the frame end mount off.

The 3-jeeps was kinda by accident....first jeep was the Rubi, always wanted a TJ and found myself in a position to buy it when old job paid 10 weeks severance b/c of a non-compete contract and I didn't have a car.....second one was the CJ-5 I couldn't let my co-workers father-in-law send it off to the scrap heap, it was going to be a scrappy beater but the frame was in good shape so I figured it deserved to be saved...got the XJ off a college chick for $800 as a winter DD for the wife but I end up driving it b/c she works from home....I definitely can't complain but they're all demanding (including the wifey LOL) and keep me way too busy wrenchin. Need to have her pop out a couple of garage hands...er, kids....

thanks again for the help, will post up with what I end up doin, probably gonna be bout a month down the road, XJ needs a TPS and IAC, rubi needs a driveshaft...wife wants to pay off Christmas....always somethin'!

:cheers:

EDIT - sorry the tires are 235/85r16, kinda a tall 31" think BFG says 31.7" tall and 235 = 9.25". I just put them in standard sizes b/c I hate having to do the math when somebody posts up metric :)

Last edited:
Back