• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3/4 ton 98 XJ for sale/parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

XJLI

NAXJA Forum User
welp.

after going over my finances, it doesnt make sense for me to keep this thing. i just dont have the time to wheel it, and its dumb driving this built of a jeep around to pick up groceries and go to dinner. ideally, i'd love to sell it whole. it would come with a bunch of extra parts listed below. once i start getting serious offers on big parts (axles, tires, etc) it'll get parted.

98 XJ Sport, 4.0/AW4/231
111,100 miles, rotella synthetic run for the last 11k. engine has received a stellar bill of health via oil analysis from blackstone labs. motor was recently tuned up and has a new distributer. jeep was lifted/axle swapped at 100k miles, ive owned the jeep since 86k, and have worked on it since ~60k miles. i bought it from a friend and i am the third owner. maintenance was always done on time, it was dealer maintained by the first owner. jeep has been wheeled but never beaten on. there are only 3 actual wheeling trips on this rig.

engine/driveline:
99+ intake manifold
THOR cowl intake
APN header
cat replaced with OEM at 90k
flowmaster 50 muffler
brown dog poly motor mounts and engine brackets
new CSF radiator and fan clutch within the last year
valve cover gasket replaced less than 1k miles ago
AW4 filter screen replaced and fluid flushed last summer, temp gauge and external cooler fluid installed and it runs at 100F on the highway, never gets into the yellow around town.
new A/C compressor but it has a slow leak somewhere (works great when charged)
231 has HD SYE (not sure of brand)

front axle:
1978 ford HP44
513 yukon gears, OX locker, reid knuckles, nitro alloy shafts and 760x joints
parts mike highsteer knuckle on passenger side for true crossover steering
tie rod is heims over the knuckle, drag link is TREs, trackbar heims as well.
PSC hydro assist kit with cooler and delphi "fast" ratio box... faster than stock, not the race box however.
warn premium hubs, stage 8 locking locking spindle nuts
all seals, bearings, brakes, ball joints etc are new
custom truss and inner C gussets, uses factory XJ/TJ/ZJ control arm bracket geometry

rear axle:
late 80s ford D60-ISU
513 gears, lock right locker, disc brake kit, factory 35 spline shafts, ballistic cover and axle bridge

suspension:
rock krawler 4 link kit, deaver 5.5 coils and G9 leaf springs
hdoffroad shackle relocators and RE 1.5" shackles
custom valved bilstein 9100 shocks... 11" travel 2.5 weld top fronts with remote resi and 13" travel 2.0 rears with remote resi. rear shocks are threaded for coilover hardware.
prothane bumpstops

jeep is plated front to back with hd offroad stiffeners, with extra stiffening on the inside, outside, and bottom of steering box area. jeep is also caged (not finished) with a hybrid-style cage using 1.75x.120 DOM tube. rockers were cut out and replaced with 2x5x.25 wall box tube.

other extras include a TNT belly skid, DPG gas tank skid, JCR corner guards with LEDs, dirtbound offroad rear bumper, and custom front bumper/crossmember replacement. hella DOT H4 headlight upgrades with harness, hella micro DE fog lamps, LED rock lights and reverse lights and a LED lightbar (which may or may not be included with the jeep). there is a prime4x4 switchpanel in the jeep as well as a marine fuse box in the engine bay for extra accessories. also has heated mirrors, factory overhead console, LED interior lights, and a viper remote start/keyless entry system.

tires are 35" MTZs on H2 wheels.

if the jeep is sold as a whole, i will include all the extra fab parts/gussests/tabs and spares i have including warn m8000 winch and synthetic rope (maybe), limit straps, spare 35" BFG AT mounted on H2 wheel, spare 35" MTZ with ~25% tread, and three 22' sticks of DOM to finish the cage

i'll start at $9500 negotiable for the whole thing as-is. there are a few quirks here and there but this jeep is 100% DD-able, will do 75 on the highway all day, wheel the whole weekend and drive back home.

as far as parts, here's my price breakdown.
MTZs on H2s $1200
44 (no assist/ram) $1600
60 $1000
9100s $900
leaf springs $700
coils $225
RK kit $700
PSC kit $950
chassis (w/motor&trans, front bumper, interior, etc) $1500

C7EEMGx.jpg

wfO5Gtm.jpg

6yIOWWP.jpg

iwA3IDH.png

have at it. post or PM, text/call 631-8 zero six, 67 five eight.

It's because you got stuck at the entrance to ktmracer419 adventure park, isn't it. That was pretty embarrassing, especially forgetting to lock in the hubs.

It's ok, I know the feeling. I once broke an axleshaft u-joint, 760, on Valley Road at Paragon. It sucks. But I put a bandaid on my pride and carried on.

YOU GOT THIS BRO

Nothing on pride, I just don't have the time or money to wheel as much as I'd like so this thing is just being used as a DD. Gonna let it marinate a few weeks before it gets taken apart.

if you end up parting it and I can scrape up enough cash I'll buy the 44 in a heartbeat

good and I will probably buy that 60 and the definitely the PSC system

glad to see that there is at least interest in parts. start saving, itll go on ebay 2 weeks or so. after that, part out time.

trade ya a 2000 xj for it :)

clean? stock? sure, make sure it comes with a backpack with 5 grand cash in the passenger seat :D

Parting it out is my last option but if everything is pretty much sold including the chassis I'll do it. I don't want to be sitting on parts for months, I don't have the space.

I would be interested in the transfer case & SYE. Depending on price and if you would ship to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back