• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3-4" lift recommendations 2001

Oh, silver, my color, I like the way that looks. I ordered the 4.5" today, with the extra room I'm gonna go up on the tire size and fill the space the best I can. I've been reading the driveline threads about shims and the angles are giving me nightmares (seriously, I had a bad dream about a Jeep last night) so I was looking for some sort of an idea with the shims. Right now the kit comes with the TC drop brackets, and the SYE&CV setup will be going on along with the lift. My shim question was more along the lines of, should it be necessary with the CV/SYE and the TC drop. My answer, yes to a maybe, I suppose? I'm gonna order some 4* ones so I have something to put in when I do the lift and go from there I think. My AEV wheels have been delivered,can't wait to pull one out of the box!

Low Range, I wasn't trash talking you and if you think I was, I'm sorry. I was just trying to help you out a little by giving you some ideas to try. If RE messed up then by all means make them make it right.

Thanks for the comments on my Cherokee, and anotherjeff yours looks great also. Yes I have noticed that both of our Cherokees appear to sit level, but I know mine sits a little high in the rear but not 3 inches high.

I will also admit that mine damn sure rides harsher than it did with the stock suspension but I would not go back. I do wish it rode just a little softer but nothing I can't live with now.

I did start a thread on here by asking how to make it ride better, and was told to get a shackle that is 1 to 1.5 inches longer. Then make the shackle sit so the top is at a 20* angle to the bottom, if that makes sence. The top would be toward the front of the vehicle.

EMSJEEP, I have a 4* shim on mine and it worked for me, but one thing I have learned by reading everything I have read on here is that every Jeep is different. Start with the 4* shims and see where it takes you. Good luck.

Update today from Ruby Ex, No ,we will not take them back,,, Because they have been installed,,? Duh ! Thats kinda why i bought them.
You painted the springs black ,, ? Duh ! They are black to start with,i was just covering up the scratches and tape and all that.

The suggestion now is -----put at least 7 to 800 pounds of sandbags in the back and try them for 2 or 3 weeks,it will lower it and make it ride better and will also stop the driveline from falling apart.

They will not --settle --to 3 inches but it should be closer?

So when i take out the junk then what ? Well ,we will see how it is then ?

I guess i must be the experimentel lamb at this point huh ?
By the way ,this was all from the place i bought them from,not from Ruby Ex in person,guess they wont talk with me personally.

Both sides agree that there is some kinda screw up ! something wrong,wrong springs,wrong number on different springs, etc?
I am going to buy a digital camera tomorrow for all of you here to see and will get them on here soon.
In the mean time -----1,391.55---cents and all it can do is just sit there in the shop. I will NOT trash my drivetain for a screwup on a set of springs where they say,,,geez,that doesnt look right,try this,or maybe this. No one has ever complained before,well except 1 other guy anyhow.
Also in the past month i have spent close to 4,000 dollars on other things,and it just sits there,,,,,,still (n)

Semper Fi said:
Low Range, I wasn't trash talking you and if you think I was, I'm sorry. I was just trying to help you out a little by giving you some ideas to try. If RE messed up then by all means make them make it right.

Thanks for the comments on my Cherokee, and anotherjeff yours looks great also. Yes I have noticed that both of our Cherokees appear to sit level, but I know mine sits a little high in the rear but not 3 inches high.

I will also admit that mine damn sure rides harsher than it did with the stock suspension but I would not go back. I do wish it rode just a little softer but nothing I can't live with now.

I did start a thread on here by asking how to make it ride better, and was told to get a shackle that is 1 to 1.5 inches longer. Then make the shackle sit so the top is at a 20* angle to the bottom, if that makes sence. The top would be toward the front of the vehicle.

EMSJEEP, I have a 4* shim on mine and it worked for me, but one thing I have learned by reading everything I have read on here is that every Jeep is different. Start with the 4* shims and see where it takes you. Good luck.

^i second that. he pointed me in the right direction on fixing my vibes.

Low Range said:
I am going to buy a digital camera tomorrow for all of you here to see and will get them on here soon.
Also in the past month i have spent close to 4,000 dollars on other things,and it just sits there,,,,,,still (n)

Looks like it'll be $4,000 + a digital camera.....
The kit didn't come with the extended shackles that you could uninstall did it, or are the springs actually that much bigger?
Isn't it quite obvious that you got the wrong springs?!

Nope,I am using the stock shackels. Another suggestion from Rubicon was to add a 2 inch block to the front coils ?
As far as i am concerned i should not have to do anything to it,period..

I am working on another fix , at the moment it just makes me shake my head to look at it , and all my jeepin buddys that stop by to look at it as well.
So today i went and got my other jeep out of storage so i can run the crap out it tomorrow in the snow.
I will have pics on here next week sometime.

I havent even mentioned about the 1,100 dollar front bumper yet that the new winch sits in, it looks good i guess ,to bad i cant run the winch with it though without taking out the grille.
This sounds like a frickin soap opera huh ? :bs:
One thing about this cluster F is that i will be able to say what doesnt work , good for somethin i suppose.

OK, so we went with the RE 4.5" full leaf kit, hopefully mine won't come out lopsided. RE mono tube 4.5" -5.5" shocks, 4* shims for starters the AEV wheels, steering stabilizer.
Looking for the SYE/CV package to do along with the t-case drop and shims...and some nice tires. What do you think about 33"? with the 4.5" lift doable with some light trimming, or are 32" preferable?
The dealer says my charging system is overloaded, I'll take that as a compliment Thank You! 78,400 miles and counting, anything I should do while I'm still under my 80,000 mile warranty?

The AEV wheels are 16 x 8 ...seems to be that this is limiting me in tire options, any suggestions?

Ok that didn't really come out like a question...but anyway does the fact that its only 16 x 8 pose any problems in regards to putting a bigger tire on it, say 32/33 x 12 ish like the description on the RE kit says it should fit? Also, still taking ideas for a harder compound AT tire (more durable than the Goodyear MT/Rs that I got about 13,000 good miles out of).
Thanks!

Low Range said:
I havent even mentioned about the 1,100 dollar front bumper yet that the new winch sits in, it looks good i guess ,to bad i cant run the winch with it though without taking out the grille.
This sounds like a frickin soap opera huh ? :bs:

What bumper would that be, I was looking at maybe going for a winch after I redo my accesory system to mount everything in the cargo area away from water. It sounds like I don't want to buy that one...

The bumper is a Trail Ready unit ,looks good and all but i had to enlarge the holes to get it to bolt up also had to trim some off each side as it was way to tight to the body 1-64 of an inch maybe ?
Not to mention with it pulled all the way forward it leaves enough room behind the drum for a --perfectly wrapped cable-- to go around without hitting the grill, one overlap and there goes the grille!
I installed my OME 3 inch lift ,still sits 1.50 inches higher in the rear ,also installed the recommended OME shocks Heavy F in Duty so it rides like a truck,which i told them i did NOT want to have happen and has bad vibes after installing various shims.
Oh yea,the springs do not come with bushings which i did not know about nor was told about because i didnt ask the right questions according to the --person at Rocky Road-- so i drop them off at the front end shop to have new ones put in,shoudnt be that much i figure? 243.00 dollars later that day i bring um home.
The front shocks also didnt come with bushings or nuts for there bastard studs either.
I will be on the phone tomorrow.

EMSJEEP said:
Ok that didn't really come out like a question...but anyway does the fact that its only 16 x 8 pose any problems in regards to putting a bigger tire on it, say 32/33 x 12 ish like the description on the RE kit says it should fit? Also, still taking ideas for a harder compound AT tire (more durable than the Goodyear MT/Rs that I got about 13,000 good miles out of).
Thanks!
What backspace did you order?33's wont fit without trimming.Im back to 265/75/16's from 33x10.5's.Heres a pic of each!
crown%20king%2010-23-04%20019.jpg

bump12.jpg

Back