• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2WD to 4WD Conversion

zachndorsett

NAXJA Forum User
Cant seem to find a thread on here of a 2wd to 4wd conversion. I have found a few on jeepforum, but i find i get more help and responses by using naxja.org, seeing as how i have a 96 xj. Im converting my 1996 cherokee, 2wd, to 4wd. Ive been waiting so long til i had the money, then things kept popping up to be replaced, but now is the time to make the swap. I know i need a front axle, front and rear driveshafts, transfer case, and transmission. Am i leaving anything out?

Where in Tennessee are you?

Next Saturday in Woodbury (Between McMinnville and Murfreesboro), the Southeast Chapter is getting together for a wrenchfest and is going to convert a 2000 2wd into a 4wd. Come on over and help and watch and learn for your project.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1070607

Im in Knoxville tennessee, it would probably be about a 2-2 1/2 hour drive for me. If i don't have plans ill probably hit that up, sounds super interesting and a lot of fun.

Come on down on Oct 8th. It will be an all day build.

I think there are some others from Knoxville coming. Maybe y'all could carpool. Post up in that thread and see who is planning to come and when they are heading out.

i did one and its not all that bad. Jeeperjohn and webdog helped me out but all in all its not that bad.

Aayi0X1CQAAjEpBjpg-large.jpg

Picked up a 231 transfer case

Back