• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2JZGTE swap this summer...

SprintPhoto_bz3g5j.jpg

About. XXXXing. Time.

today ran around the neighborhood a little . the engine doesnt hold idle RPM, when i release the accelerator, it chokes... -( looking for the reason...

I've decided to sell the Supra rims and get the widest 15s I can manage. I'm thinking some American Racing wheels, wrapped in Kevlar MT-Rs.

Hmmmm...

today ran around the neighborhood a little . the engine doesnt hold idle RPM, when i release the accelerator, it chokes... -( looking for the reason...

Burik, make sure you Idle Air Control Valve is clean and functioning. You may be able to adjust the butterfly in the throttle body to allow enough air in to make up for the IAC. Some people just get rid of the IAC altogether. Me, not so much. :)

I'm sure you can find a custom badge maker, somewhere, or CNC cut a 3.0L badge and weld it to the hatch. Or glue it, if yours is glass.

Burik - Toyota engines frequently have bad idle air control valves w/ the symptoms you are describing. Remove it from the engine, remove the motor / controller from the valve and gentle clean all carbon. Also, check the connections for cleanliness.

By far the most common "toyota won't hold an idle" fix.

I'm sure you will. I'm so used to hitting the rev limiter on my MJ that I frequently realize after a few minutes of driving that I'm sitting at 4500rpm and not even thinking about shifting. When I first got it, I felt like hitting 2800 was something I shouldn't do often...

This is a great build child9, you have combined one of the best SUV's of all time with one of the best engines of all time. Great work!!

I'm so sick of the lack of power in my 4.0L I keep planning on doing a engine conversion of some sort (LSX or JZ motor are short listed) but its too much $$$ for me at the moment, maybe one day I'll be folowing your guide :cheers:. Keep up the good work!

Thanks R700! It's making me smile to think that O--gauge, Bryson, and my work is facilitating and inspiring more and more boosted Jeeps. :) Wanna turbo the 4.0L? Talk to Bryson@Boostwerks. Wanna Supercharge the 4.0L? Talk to O-Gauge. Wanna swap in a 2J? I'm your man. No matter what, NAXJA has you covered.

still no idles.
we checked all wiring, everything is ok.
i also disassembled the IACV from the engine and cleaned it all inside...
temporarily adjusted the screw on the throttle, so that the engine don't choke
still looking for the reason... maybe the ECU doesn't see the temperature...?

Thanks R700! It's making me smile to think that O--gauge, Bryson, and my work is facilitating and inspiring more and more boosted Jeeps. :) Wanna turbo the 4.0L? Talk to Bryson@Boostwerks. Wanna Supercharge the 4.0L? Talk to O-Gauge. Wanna swap in a 2J? I'm your man. No matter what, NAXJA has you covered.
That's it :yelclap:

I don't know how many of you find it irritating that I update in here with NON-Jeep stuff, but I like to think that you might like to know WHY this project pauses for weeks at a time, and also that you might appreciate WHY it pauses for weeks at a time. :)

I've been busy trying to get this new product off the ground. It's a motorcycle application of the Afterburner tips, coupled to a proven exhaust system. Oh, and it's on a bike that looks like a jet. Perfect. Enjoy the eye candy, I know I sure do. :)

USAF2.jpg

USAF1.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

Valve body testing is next, lol.

Last edited:
Back