• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231 SYE (i know i know use the search)

im looking into getting the AA. where would be the best place to get it through? plan on ordering it tonight

I got my AA SYE from Rusty's and a new Tom Woods driveshaft. Everything bolts right up (I did do mine on the bench, not in the Jeep) with no problems. It's strictly an off road rig, but I've beat the piss out of mine and never had one problem with the AA or the driveshaft.

Is it easier than fanagling a 80lb t-case in and out of the vehicle, on the floor, by yourself? HELL yes.

Pussy. It's not that bad. I did mine no problem. I would much rather pull the case then XXXX with all the bs of doing the work on my back. Laying in tranny fluid. I don't care what you do if you bust the case open under the jeep you are going to wear it. Once you lift the case onto the studs it pretty much holds itself in place. It's not like fighting the trans onto the engine. If you have never done a sye before pull the case put it on a work bench where you feel comfortable and you can see what you are doing.

I would much rather pull the case then XXXX with all the bs of doing the work on my back. Laying in tranny fluid. I don't care what you do if you bust the case open under the jeep you are going to wear it.

Then you're doing it wrong lol. Work smart, not hard. How long does it take you to get the t-case out? I've only done 2 SYE's, but that being said I guarantee I could do another in under an hour, on the car. To each their own though, do what you're comfortable with.

I see I did miss something. I ordered a new Tom Woods shaft for mine and called it a day. By putting in a front shaft, are you limited by the lift? I have a 6" lift, am I'm not sure a front shaft would be long enough, but I don't really know. Has anyone ever run a factory XJ front shaft/SYE with a 6" lift? Just curious, because it would make a great trail spare.

Back