• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2013 Giveaway XJ Poll

What kind of vehicle would you prefer for the 2013 Giveaway in Moab

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Used if necessary, if not RE go Ironman4x4, also by the time this is back together, RE will be back up and running.

If the 2nd list seems like too much stuff, then im not sure how your budget would allow for 60s period.

Why would you need 60's on an expo rig?

Don't count out TNT. I use their long arms on mine and love them. I know they have had some issues bending belly pans but it's never been an issue for me. They have also been pretty decent with NAXJA and give a ways.

Don't count out TNT. I use their long arms on mine and love them. I know they have had some issues bending belly pans but it's never been an issue for me. They have also been pretty decent with NAXJA and give a ways.

TNT pulled out of the last give away adding to the parts gathering drama Led and Jeff explained and we ended up going with a Claytons set up.

TNT pulled out of the last give away adding to the parts gathering drama Led and Jeff explained and we ended up going with a Claytons set up.

That's right. Forgot about that. I think a lot of it might have had to do with the complete cluster that surrounded that build though. If there would have been some leadership going on they might not have pulled out.

Yet they keep donating parts to events.

That's right. Forgot about that. I think a lot of it might have had to do with the complete cluster that surrounded that build though. If there would have been some leadership going on they might not have pulled out.

I never got the story why though.

The boys in Colorado said 'It was not going to happen and we need something else'. It was not at a great time.

I guess someone had a falling out with TNT or so.

Was it already discussed what type of set up each category would have or will it be discussed once the type of rig is finalized?

Was it already discussed what type of set up each category would have or will it be discussed once the type of rig is finalized?

The builds may vary a tad depending on what gets donated and what not so setting a plan 'in stone' wouldn't pan out.

The is not conlcuded but 'Expedition type' is the clear winner. We will be discussing going down that path. Right now we are focusing on the 'potential' vehicles to proceed with.

so if we are doing an expedition rig might i add:

a BEEF cooling system is in order.

my all new cooling system had issues climbing long grades offroad in the desert heat fully loaded for 3 guys to live out of.

so if we are doing an expedition rig might i add:

a BEEF cooling system is in order.

my all new cooling system had issues climbing long grades offroad in the desert heat fully loaded for 3 guys to live out of.

Sounds like you have an issue.

Being in SoCal, a quality radiator seems to be all one needs down here with our decent heat.

The AZ guys should be able to chime in as well.

He just listed out a typical MJ crawler build...with "storage bins"

Now for the fun Expedition stuff.

Engel or ARB fridge
120 Volt inverter system.
Dual batteries
functioning snorkle with a good dust cap, along with axle vent lines run into the air cleaner housing.
Roof Tent
recovery gear (straps, tire plug kits, assortment of tools ect.)

Dreaming here but it's what I see as a desirable rig.

That to me is what makes it an expedition rig. There's a difference between potential to be an expedition rig, and actually being an expedition rig.

You wouldn't.

I had the TNT setup on my XJ and liked it a lot.

Claytons 3-link looks nice.

Sounds like you have an issue.

Being in SoCal, a quality radiator seems to be all one needs down here with our decent heat.

The AZ guys should be able to chime in as well.

csf 3 row radiator and new everything else. my xj is black too, that doesnt help with the sun beating on it

my temp would spike in the middle of nowhere. not a good feeling lol

csf 3 row radiator and new everything else. my xj is black too, that doesnt help with the sun beating on it

my temp would spike in the middle of nowhere. not a good feeling lol

Strange. I have a 2 core hand me down and wheeling at 4000 feet and 100+ it stays below 210 pushing 37s although I can barely hold the steering wheel.

My rig is white though....

completely loaded xj on 35's with steel beadlocks at 4000+ feet trying to keep speed uphill pretty much.

I think since it looks like it's going to be an expo build... Here are a few of my suggestions...to really make it cool.

4-5 inch lift
285-17--16 or 17 inch tires on wheels that will keep them under stock fenders.
front winch bumper and winch
rear bumper with a swing out tire carrier and extra gas cans.
OBA system and tank
4:88 gears and at least a rear locker

Now for the fun Expedition stuff.

Engel or ARB fridge
120 Volt inverter system.
Dual batteries
functioning snorkle with a good dust cap, along with axle vent lines run into the air cleaner housing.
Roof Tent
recovery gear (straps, tire plug kits, assortment of tools ect.)

Dreaming here but it's what I see as a desirable rig.

Now THAT is an Expo rig, also it needs to be an AW4 for ease. Not all NAXJA folks can drive a stick due to physical limitations.

Anyone on the board thought about talking with Four Wheeler Mag, or possibly even Jeep to assist with or even sponsor a build as a promo??

Now THAT is an Expo rig, also it needs to be an AW4 for ease. Not all NAXJA folks can drive a stick due to physical limitations.

I agree. I know that some people like to wheel with a stick, but some of us just can't.

Back