• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2013 Giveaway XJ Poll

What kind of vehicle would you prefer for the 2013 Giveaway in Moab

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted MJ Expedition style, but XJ would work just as well. I just really want an MJ, ha!
I picked this, due to the best of both worlds. Being able to drive it anywhere to where you are going, and be able to wheel it.

Theres no way Id be able to go to MOAB to be present to win, and if thats the case, theres no way Im wasting my money to buy a ticket. I think a lot of people would feel the same way.... thats lots of lost revenue for this project. If you want the person to be there, pick the winner a month before MOAB to give that person a chance to make sure to be there for the ceremony.

I went in 2009, to the 25th anniversary. I towed my personal Jeep out there. A week or two before the event, a friend on the national BOD called me and asked me if I would be able to bring the giveaway rig back with me if someone in the west won it. I was prepared to do so.

Would have sucked driving my non-enclosed rig through rainy snow while the wife towed the giveaway rig home.

I voted starter XJ but I think mild rockcrawler and expedition and starter are basically all the same? I would love to have an MJ again but it would really do me no good anymore.

heres a question....who is building it????

i doubt ya wanna give urbanyan a build for a jeepspeed or 1ton build like you wouldnt want ktmracer building a street jeep.....they both are into the polar opposites.....

heres a question....who is building it????

i doubt ya wanna give urbanyan a build for a jeepspeed or 1ton build like you wouldnt want ktmracer building a street jeep.....they both are into the polar opposites.....

The who/where/when has yet to be decided, were just getting the committee going in the last week.

I'd rather see a team assembled who have a desire to get it done in a timely fashion and posess the skills to do so, then concern myself what they may be "into" as far as vehicle preference. Skills is skills.. :greensmok

i voted for expedition xj because someone threatened to poop in my drivers seat if i didn't

I already have clearance from the wife to bring this puppy home. In fact, she's as excited about us driving it everywhere as I am.

I already have clearance from the wife to bring this puppy home. In fact, she's as excited about us driving it everywhere as I am.

If you win it we need to make it a pavment pounder! :D

First, whats the real budget for this thing?

Expedition MJ Shortbed Sliding rear window

97 Front Clip
RE 5.5 Extreme Duty Long Arms
SOA Rear
44/9" Combo with 5.13 gears
Lockers F/R (Cheap is good, but maybe ARB if the budget allo​
ws)
Recentered H1's 5x5.5 bolt Pattern
Military 37 radials
Twinsticked Dana 300
AX15 or AW4, I lean toward the 5 speed, but to each there own.
Winch bumper front
Unibody Bracing
Rear Bumper with D rings/reciever
CB Radio
OBA or CO2 Setup
Bed Box with Storage Boxes underneath them for food/clothes/etc...
More storage Bins for Tent/Camping Gear

I could list things all day... seriously... *drool*

First, whats the real budget for this thing?

97 Front Clip
SOA Rear
44/9" Combo with 5.13 gears
Lockers F/R (Cheap is good, but maybe ARB if the budget allo
ws)
Recentered H1's 5x5.5 bolt Pattern
Military 37 radials
Twinsticked Dana 300
Winch bumper front
Unibody Bracing
CB Radio
OBA or CO2 Setup

I could list things all day... seriously... *drool*

you have low expectations....

you have low expectations....

Not at all, but I figure if you wanted to swap 60s you could do a 44/9 for much cheaper and might as well go all out. For a more fair build I would cut that list down to...

97 Front Clip
SOA Rear
HP30 Spartan 4.56 gears
8.8 LSD 4.56 gears
33x12.50's
SYE/custom shafts
Winch bumper front
Unibody Bracing
CB Radio
OBA or CO2 Setup

Not at all, but I figure if you wanted to swap 60s you could do a 44/9 for much cheaper and might as well go all out. For a more fair build I would cut that list down to...

97 Front Clip
SOA Rear
HP30 Spartan 4.56 gears
8.8 LSD 4.56 gears
33x12.50's
SYE/custom shafts
Winch bumper front
Unibody Bracing
CB Radio
OBA or CO2 Setup

:rolleyes:

37's on an expo rig? Why?

I had 33's for the longest time, and was often irritated by my limitations. Even for an expedition type rig, I wouldn't want to have to worry about any issues. Plus that plan called for full widths, and I think anything smaller than a 36" would look tiny, and like the Military tires for highway (Running the h1's and 37's on our m1008 and love them)

Where do you plan on getting the RE long arms?

Used if necessary, if not RE go Ironman4x4, also by the time this is back together, RE will be back up and running.

If the 2nd list seems like too much stuff, then im not sure how your budget would allow for 60s period.

Im all for the idea though and will definately throw some cash at it.

I think since it looks like it's going to be an expo build... Here are a few of my suggestions...to really make it cool.

4-5 inch lift
285-17--16 or 17 inch tires on wheels that will keep them under stock fenders.
front winch bumper and winch
rear bumper with a swing out tire carrier and extra gas cans.
OBA system and tank
4:88 gears and at least a rear locker

Now for the fun Expedition stuff.

Engel or ARB fridge
120 Volt inverter system.
Dual batteries
functioning snorkle with a good dust cap, along with axle vent lines run into the air cleaner housing.
Roof Tent
recovery gear (straps, tire plug kits, assortment of tools ect.)

Dreaming here but it's what I see as a desirable rig.

Back