• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2012 Liberty Boost

riverfever

NAXJA Forum User
So I've owned the Liberty for 6 months now and, for the most part, I like it. The trans does hunt a little when I climb the pass on the way home from work each day but it's not the end of the world and it's a different kind of vehicle. If I switch to tow mode it does help. I love the silver and black leather. The one thing I cannot get past is the raked stance. Factory measurements are supposed to be 18/19" (front/back) from the center of the hub to the flares. My front is right at 18 but the back is 19.75". I would like to level it out more and I know I can accomplish this with a 1/4" top plate and a 1/4" spacer under the strut at the clevis. This would lift things about an inch. What I'm worried about is the same thing that I was worried about when I bought this vehicle. All the sensors and whether or not they are going to freak out. I know there's a steering angle sensor and have read reports of some Liberty's having an issue with the traction control activating when there is no wheel spin after a lift but everything I've read has been when doing 2.5" to 4" lifts. I know one inch isn't much so I'd be surprised if there was an issue but wanted to ask what you all thought. I'm also trying to determine if I should have the Jeep aligned at a Jeep dealer or at a reputable tire shop? Again, I don't know if that matters much either. I did get rid of those stupid 18" wheels and went to a stock 16" wheel and a Grabber AT2 tire so it's not like we're dealing with 6" of lift and 35" tires and aligning things. What do you guys think?

Ride share with fat chicks and make them ride in the back ...problem solved , well I guess fuel economy and the extra weight up the pass would be new issues .

JKs have steering angle sensors that most people fail to reset after lifting their jeep so I'm going to say you will be fine. To be safe I don't think it would be a bad idea at all to have the dealer align it as they will reset the steering angle sensor.

I just spoke with Faricy and they said I should be fine as well but that they would recalibrate the sensor when doing the alignment for $150. Thanks prorace.

Ride share with fat chicks and make them ride in the back ...problem solved , well I guess fuel economy and the extra weight up the pass would be new issues .

:roflmao:

Finished up the install today. Much better than the stink bug thing that was going on before.

Looks good. I see you wasted no time in getting the stickers squared away.

Shit man the stickers are the most important part of any build, turns a mall crawler into a rock hoppin beastie boy :greensmok

Thanks DJ. And....the stickers have absolutely nothing to do with crawling. I just had a bunch laying around. They serve to give people like Troy a heads up that the interior likely will smell fishy.

Back