• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ - Daily Driver/Expedition Build

Thanks guys...

Bushwacker has a $50 rebate going on so I popped for their flat flares. Installation was a job for me, but I'm happy with the results.

IMG_02132_zps3814a770.jpg

IMG_02152_zps4916673a.jpg

IMG_02252_zpsb2e1380b.jpg

IMG_02262_zpsdc33cde2.jpg

IMG_02292_zps2074b009.jpg

IMG_02352_zpsa46a417e.jpg

IMG_02342_zpsa6153d23.jpg

IMG_02332_zps17116e73.jpg

Did you go with the 27 or 30 spline eaton? I just got the 30 spline and some G2 cromo axles that I'm waiting to install on some 4.56 gears :)

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that!

As my Jeep moves away from the mall... I'm thinking about the next phase of the build here. Some items need to be added...

Front bumper, steering box bracket (Do I go winch or no???)
Solid diff covers front and rear
Lower control arm housing armor
Transfer case skid
Rock sliders
Control arms or Long arm kit with armor???
Double shear track bar upgrade/bracket
HD relo rear brackets

Not sure where to start....

As my Jeep moves away from the mall... I'm thinking about the next phase of the build here. Some items need to be added...

Front bumper, steering box bracket (Do I go winch or no???)
Solid diff covers front and rear
Lower control arm housing armor
Transfer case skid
Rock sliders
Control arms or Long arm kit with armor???
Double shear track bar upgrade/bracket
HD relo rear brackets

Not sure where to start....

If you haven't done frame stiffeners yet, I would highly recommend them. Followed by rock sliders. Your rocker panels are the first thing to get smashed up when you go wheelin.

After that, it's really up to you, but I really really like my long arms :D

Because they're so cheap, do the LCA mini-skids ASAP. It's soooo much easier to weld them onto straight LCA brackets than it is to do after you bash them all to hell. Mid frame stiffeners should be done soon for the same reason, and rock sliders will prevent a lot of damage as well.

After that, it's up to you.

Thanks Don. I'm going to order those LCA mini skids today.

So I'm looking at Rough Country's long arm setup for a couple reasons... I am running my stock arms right now and I need some belly skid protection. Spending $200 on a just a skid plate doesnt sound fun to me... spending a whole lot more on long arms/skid sort of does. lol

I would do the frame stiffeners and rock sliders all at the same time. (I like AJ's armour since they are made for my long arms and rail stiffeners already).

This phase it going to drain the wallet!

It will be worth it though!

Are you going to swap out the RC joints, or are you going to run them till they need replacing?

I talked to them yesterday and they said they've updated their bushings on the whole kit. I will probably just run them and see how they do.

i might suggest this set of long arms with a belly skid and transfercase skid from TNT customs. I know its very expensive but ive heard a lot of good about them.

https://www.tntcustoms.com/jeep_parts/jeep_cherokee_xj_long_arm_upgrade

I've compared both kits, and I just cant justify the cost difference.

So now I'm considering the Serious Long Arm kit and TNT's... both sound great.

Front mini skids are on order and am probably going to pull the trigger on the HD rail stiffeners and a Hobart 140 today. :D

I have the TNT on my Jeep. No regrets, in fact putting on my MJ also.

Back