• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ - Daily Driver/Expedition Build

ATTN: If you are enjoying my build thread or if it has helped you in anyway with your projects, PLEASE support it by buying my shirts and stickers. THANK YOU

I picked up some ZJ seats. Both sides were power but no worries. I just swapped the parts I need from my seats to the ZJ ones.. all of them bolted on.

ZJ seat explosion..
IMG_2436_zps062325db.jpg

Here I had to use the reclining brackets from my XJ seats.
IMG_2446_zpsce5545f8.jpg

The bottom panel from my XJ seats bolted right on too. I used the XJ sliders as well.
IMG_2447_zps8a7bd14a.jpg

All done and super comfortable.
IMG_2488_zpse9a1f017.jpg

If you're not having fun, what's the point, right??

Here are my super plastic fabrication skills at work on the factory lower guard. I also trimmed up the bumper ends and removed the factory fog lights.

IMG_2438_zps9bec373b.jpg

Sweet! Did you paint your rims black? Or is it just the lighting?

Wow looks even better with those rims! What are your thoughts on the 32s with your new 4.10 gears?

Wow looks even better with those rims! What are your thoughts on the 32s with your new 4.10 gears?

I love the gear to tire ration myself. It feels like it's exactly in the "sweet spot" in terms of everything. Nothing is compromised.. I can cruise at 70 and still have decent take off. According to that grimmjeeper page, this combo puts the rpms right back to the factory settings.

Adding the correct 36 speedo gear put the shift points back to their correct timing too. All the drama with people wanting 4.56 on 31's and I just disagree.. I couldn't be happier with this setup. But then again mine isnt loaded down with a ton of weight.

Hellas gone ehh....no chance those are for sale :) ?

I gotta say ive read your thread and if i could find myself an XJ that clean id probably try to build like yours. Its so clean!! Might have to go down to texas or such to find one without all the rust

Back