• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" lift details

mbiker72

NAXJA Forum User
I have a bone stock 98 Sport, i want to create a more aggresive stance, i was thinking about a budget 2" lift. I think im going with spacers and shackles. What else will need to be done to make this a reliable, smooth, daily driver. Pinion angle adjustment, brake lines, etc?

Some don't like Rustys, but he offers a 2" budget boost, that comes with new front coils, full length add a leafs, and shocks. Might want to take a look at that. Pinion angle shouldn't be that bad.

i heard that the add-a-leafs are stiff and will sag out in a few months, ide rather not have to redo it after half a year, and i dont want to sacrifice ride quality

No matter what kind of budget boost you do in the rear it will sag some. But shackels will sag way less the add a leaf or blocks. I think your on the righ path. I had a 2.5 inch boost on mine for a while. They say you dont need new shocks, which is true. But for a better ride definatly get some.

If you get vibes then sye or t case drop. There is always a chance you could just throw some shims in the rear and have no problems. I did re bb some years ago and had to do a 1" drop. no big deal. Now a 5" lift and love it.

i was looking at the rustys 2" full leaf pack rear's, and 2" front coil...i figured i would replace the suspension since it's a 88' with 127,xxx miles...all i want is room for 30x9.5's no need for 31's

so you are saying i can use the brand new sensatracks i put on with a 2" lift?...if so nice...(not disconecting the sways) just looking for a little more clearance and bigger meats.

thanks

i got the rustys bb with spacers and aals. a little fender trimming and im running 31s. i ran it for a month with the fenders untouched but when i disconnected i rubbed. i had no vibes, or need for extended brake lines.

a little luck that you don't brake loose the shackle nuts inside the frame :) I'd probably go with the rocklizard way as first choice , shackles a close second

Anyone getting rid of their 2" BB Lift soon to go bigger?

I would like to join the ranks of lifted Jeeps and lift my 94 XJ and figured a 2" BB would do the trick, considering I will not be doing any hardcore wheeling.

I am currently running 30x9.5x15 tires, which I have no issues with rubbing (even at full lock) so my leaf springs seems to be in good shape for a 12 year old vehicle so no AAL

Anybody wanting to rid of their complete 2" BB Lift or 2" poly spacers and 2" shackles?

I have seen some 2" BB Lifts sell for around $70... or am I better off going to Ebay and buying them seperately??

Thank you guys!

I just installed some RE 2" coil spacers, and TnT 1.5 boomerang shackles and homemade 3/4" solid steel blocks for the rear on Saturday. Took it out Sunday and now the shocks limit the travel at full flex. The brake lines are still good. Running stock bumbstops, and no front or rear swaybars. Rides the same as stock. only cost me about 110$ or so.

how much do you want to spend. If you are only going 2" and want the best ride, go with a OME system. They make a complete lift package and the ride is supposed to be as good or better than stock.

Back