• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 jeep build thread/blog.

So how much for the parts I requested? Let me know when a good time to come pick up stuff. You can PM me If you like. Need to find a truck to use tho.

Seats are gone, but the wiring, sensors, dizzy, tcase and other bits are yours for $200. I'm home by 5 Monday through Friday, or most weekends. Let me know when's good for you.

Just curious.. still have that tire carrier apparatus?

Got my 32" light bar in.
9941AE9F-5ED1-4113-878F-28541AB90521-19838-00000C681DCDF3CF_zps040bac0f.jpg

Yes the grill is cut crooked, it was broken to start with. Seems super bright, for once I can't wait for it to get dark.
DAE987AC-1FFF-480E-97DB-BC781E4A670B-19838-00000C682B4F774B_zps32f4b932.jpg

Tranny swap this weekend.

Started on the 2x6 rockers, I have a used set if jcr sliders I'll let go for $100.
F6FD8831-0CBF-49CD-A81A-E0E99A110829-853-00000097765B1EC4_zpsb7013bcc.jpg

Gained 4" of clearance with this mod and will give me a solid base to tie in my cage.

If no one else has messaged about the sliders, I'd like them.

How much are you planning to chop? Just the rear or whole top? That light bar is awesomely bright.

The chop design is still in the works. Already missing the rear hatch and back glass on drivers side. May chop the whole top and go from there, may keep the top over the passenger area. I'll pull the passenger slider tomorrow morning, we could meet up any time.

I'll see if I can find it, but there was a guy selling a fully chopped top rig here a couple years ago. Looked angry from the front with how the cage was designed. Maybe draw some ideas from that. A covered passenger area would be nice for winter duties though.

Of course it starts raining in the middle of welding, but I got the drivers side done.
DC3A564E-183F-4524-A486-757EBFDDA1D2-2313-0000017DC57341E4_zps29a3dffb.jpg

2x6 rocker with a 1/4" plate mini-boat side built in. Stiffened up the "frame" with some 3"x3"x3/16 angle. Painted the top side with spray on bedliner, the bottom with some graphite slippery paint.

Thanks again for the sliders, should be painted and bolted by Friday. I was wondering if you were going to boatside it too. Couldn't remember if you had said so when I was looking at it yesterday.

B4C14D47-4D3F-4018-BD8E-94B92FA41D2D-4652-0000030353BA64A0_zps8fa9b01e.jpg

Had a present when I got home 140' 1.75" .120 wall tube and the 2x6 for my passenger side rocker. Got the t-case back in, just need to put in the driveshafts and she's mobile again. 3 more beadlocks to install and rocker replacement and she should be ready for the rubicon. Taking the jeeps out may 4th for a good shakedown run before Memorial Day rubicon trip. May try out prairie city as we've never been? If I go back to hollister, I'll try to run the new obstacle course from the bottom up, and probably break something before the big trip(I have no self control). May just hit up frank Raines since its close to home.

Finished the tranny and tcase. Drive lines are in. Drive it around the block a few times. Cut of the passenger side rocker and gave it the same 2x6 and boat side treatment as the drivers side. Used the opportunity to teach the kid how to weld. He did pretty good.
5DCDC58A-D690-46A7-8AB0-D48CAF6FD704-7816-000005FF3908703C_zps789bae55.jpg

Gotta get the other 3 inner airlocks in, and she'll be ready for a test run. Cage will have to wait until after the con. Too much to do, work next Saturday, kids birthday the following weekend, Mother's Day after that.

Thank you Zach for the heep parts

I'm just super happy to have mine back on the road, grab a few spares, and help out some fellow jeepers, all while almost breaking even. Wonder if the wife will let me buy a whole jeep next time I need an alternator?

Re: Re: 2 jeep build thread/blog.

I'm just super happy to have mine back on the road, grab a few spares, and help out some fellow jeepers, all while almost breaking even. Wonder if the wife will let me buy a whole jeep next time I need an alternator?

What ever happend with the wj you were going to try and aquire?

Deal fell through, wife still wheels hers. It's kind of nice that we all wheel a different jeep model though. Wife's got the wj, I have the xj, brother in law drives an fsj, buddies got a tj, and mother in law has the jk.

Got the other front beadlock done, destroyed 1 inner tube in the process. I think it was bad as it popped at about 20psi on the outer seem. Now I just have to get the 2 rears in.

Back