• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 inch lift vibrations

mcbrado

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I am trying to eliminate vibrations that I experience between 45-55 mph and at 70+ that I believe is largely due to angles created when I added a 2 inch lift (leaf springs in back and spacers in the front). I get a pretty intense drone/growl/vibration at these speeds and it's really annoying. What do you guys think is the best fix for this? I was going to drop the transfer case an inch or 2, but I am now reading on this forum and others that dropping the transfer case is NOT something I should do ideally. Why not? What else can I do?

I think I am going to have to drop the tcase, so how much should I drop it and what is the most affordable and effective spacer for this that I can buy since I don't have the tools here to take steel stock and cut it. I have read some 3.5" lifters drop it only an inch, but that doesn't seem to make sense to me...

Thanks guys

B

year model drive train?

judging by your complaint of vibrations its a 96 or newer your working on! your best option is a sye. that will take care of any driveline angle problems caused by the lift.

I too just installed RUSTYS 2" w / coils ,aals and shocks. I am getting vibrations when i get on the gas hard from 0 to 35 MPH. Rustys thinks its my u joints. I have some up and down movement from the front of rear drive shaft. it seems like its the little shaft from the trans.I will replace joints this week and balance shaft. Will this cure my problem? 99 xj sport.

Sorry,

It's a 1998 Cherokee Sport with Old Man Emu 2" leafs and coil spacers in the front.

It probably isn't u joints since I have replaced most of them very recently and checked them all out.

Why is a sye better than a tcase drop for just a 2" lift? I can't afford something that expensive (~300) dollars at the moment. Are there cheapies out there that are reliable and affordable?

What do I risk by dropping the transfer case and how much should I drop it?

B

The only cure for the Vibes that worked for me when I first installed a 2" BB on my 01 was installing a Hack & Tap + 2* shims & a Front driveshaft.
In my opinion!!!!!
TC case drops suck, they screw up the motor mounts cost you ground clearance.

Back