• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 dr xj owners

What years were the rear vents available? and how hard would it be to swap some in my 93? heh. Vents would be nice... Right now, im about as stock as a 2 dr. can come, but I do have the leather wrapped steering wheel that I was told was an option.... wonderful option to choose.. so functional...

hey i was wondering what would be a good price for a 87 2 door 6 cyl manual? dang classifieds is still down so i couldn't go look around in there. its already got a 3 inch procomp with full rear springs. but i was wondering what yall thought.

rckclmbr said:
hey i was wondering what would be a good price for a 87 2 door 6 cyl manual? dang classifieds is still down so i couldn't go look around in there. its already got a 3 inch procomp with full rear springs. but i was wondering what yall thought.

87? 1500 if it runs VERY well
1000 if it is a little rough..

i am planning on pulling the engine and puting it in my other xj that is currently with out one. i want the rear springs on my xj that only has addaleafs and shackles. and i want to scrap the tranny(cause i dont want a manual off road) and do a hell of a rebuild on the thing. i can get it for 800 with a bad clutch.

I guess it depends on the condition and location. My dad just picked up a 2-door today finally. 93, HO, 5-speed for $1000 flat, in good shape. Little high on the mileage though, which is a factor.

i have a 97 with vents and silver tint. went the other day to check to see if a local tint shop could match front two window to the rear. also have an automatic and even have power windows and door locks. which i believe is very rare for a 2 door. have a dana 30 in front and 35 in rear which i have heard is very weird for a 2 door

i have pwr locks and windows as well as mirrors and 2 lighted visor mirrors too for what its worth. i tried to have the tint matched had no luck was told that mirrored was crap and most good tint places wouldnt install it cuz it fades and peels etc. dont know what diffs i have

rubiconcherokee said:
have a dana 30 in front and 35 in rear which i have heard is very weird for a 2 door

if this is rare then i will be buying a rare 87. anybody else have an opinion on an 87 for 800 witha bad clutch?

just bought a 86 2 door,no rear vents 5 speed.got a v6 and I love it.I'd rather have the straight 6 but i'm really happy with this one ,perfect body ,low miles.good interior.I'm going to pull the rear seat.

i got a white 96 2dr 5spd with a 2" i think but its a superlift and 31x 10.5s and they rub on the sway bar. I think the stock backspacing is 5.5" on a 15x7???????? so i plan on som 15x8s with a 3" backspacing DOES THIS SOUND GOOD? also its time for a clutch what do you think about a centerforce daul friction? i dont have many engine mods YET, but wondering the 4.0 can turn the wheels without any problems on suck a HP clutch

rckclmbr said:
if this is rare then i will be buying a rare 87. anybody else have an opinion on an 87 for 800 witha bad clutch?

I agree. If this is rare then so is mine. I snagged an '89 Laredo 2dr, D30/D35 4.0/AW4/231 with the rear side vents and mirror tinting (bling) last July for 1000. Just waiting to slide in the '87 D44 I scored (with the rest of the jeep) for 80 :D

I sure hope I never pop one of those pieces of side glass.

I specifically looked for a 2 Door XJ for my rig. Here it is stock, with the mirrored windows.
garys88xj.jpg

And here it is last summer...
xj_tree_welder.jpg

It now has lexan for the rear windows.

Gary

I have a 2dr 1989 Sport 4x4 (Colorado Red). 126,000 miles / rust free and runs great! Automatic trans / No vent windows in the rear. I have an Uncle that has owned about 4 or 5 two door xj's and was pissed when they stopped making them. Kinda got me interested in them and my brother owned one so when he wanted to sell it, I bought it. I have all the reciepts and the window sticker. Original owner was a doctor here in town and took it to the dealer for everything including oil changes every 3000 miles. It was also undercoated by Zeibart when it was new. I believe this is why it's rust free here in the midwest(saltbelt).

My '89 Loredo has the rear vents and it's tinted with the mirror finish also. I looked specifically for a 2 door when I was looking for my XJ. The vents and tint were a bonus!

Trout_snacther said:
I have a 89' with Vent windows and the tinted glass. It is an Auto.

ditto

Back