• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 dr front seats vs 4 dr front seats.

poorboy_616 said:
Again, said fold lever.....

3024245_7_full.jpg

WOW! that's what my interior is supposed to look like. My rear seat is that exact same color vinyl. My front seats are tan but they are cloth. My jeep was some kind of government service vehicle, it had a light bar (Like cop lights)... fire extinguisher mount, and I can see where it had a sticker on the side. Because it was a goverment vehicle it came with a rubber floor mat.. no carpet... ect. My dash is in really bad shape.. and I"m missing both door panels (well the passenger side has a home made one). I was hoping ot find some kind of dash cap for it.. but I don't think anyone makes one.. I could do a cheasy carpet pad worst case scenario.. I'll go take a pic..

CodyB said:
As long as you stay away from mud or watter, your amp will live, otherwise be ready to have a crispy fried amp after it gets wet... Ive killed a really good kicker that way, and I regret it every day...

Oh, I know. After I get rid of the sunroof, I'm going to install a headliner board. It will be reinforced with fibreglas and resin, and I'll probably put the amp overhead at the back.

I may try my hand at a layup and see if I can't work in a soudbar as well.

5-90 said:
Yah - that's where the amp for my sub lives. It will still have airflow when I do the pullouts, but I'll have a couple of cubbyholes up top for ready access as well (a place to put my bag lunch from Wendy's - which is rather larger, I'm sure...)

I'll probably design a laptop mount as well, and mount it to the tranny tunnel (if I can't find one I like commercially.)

THere are cheap laptop mounts on ebay for days...

stephenspann27 said:
WOW! that's what my interior is supposed to look like. My rear seat is that exact same color vinyl. My front seats are tan but they are cloth. My jeep was some kind of government service vehicle, it had a light bar (Like cop lights)... fire extinguisher mount, and I can see where it had a sticker on the side. Because it was a goverment vehicle it came with a rubber floor mat.. no carpet... ect. My dash is in really bad shape.. and I"m missing both door panels (well the passenger side has a home made one). I was hoping ot find some kind of dash cap for it.. but I don't think anyone makes one.. I could do a cheasy carpet pad worst case scenario.. I'll go take a pic..

My XJ came form the US National Park service, and then through a couple diffrerent owners...

3024245_11_full.jpg

Proof of US government useage.....(Next to the coolant bottle)

I have since replaced my seats due to wear and breakage. My driver seat was busted at the hinge and the (previous owner ) had it being held up by a board.
3024245_5_full.jpg

I got lucky and came across a full set of seats from an 89 2dr. I paid 40 Bucks for all the seats, which although a little rough vinyl wise, are a heck of alot more comfortable than the 87 seats...
3024245_13_full.jpg

Upholstry and everything is the same, except the seat frame is different. They are interchangable without a large amount of effort. I am doing this to my 91 xj 2 door, which I bought as a project without any front seats.

I think that is just the engine family....

Here is my Emmissions label:
100_1297.jpg

I had suspension that mine was once a stick shortly after I bought it....

Lack of the Trans mode switch, plus the complete lack of a light bulb for the trans detent indicator (though the light for the t-case detent works), my t-case crossmember sits about 3 inches back from the 5 spd location and there is a bolt broken off in the frame rail.....

Also on mine the shift cable is routed through the hole that the clutch master used to occupy.....(I don't know if that is normal or not).

5-90 said:
I'll probably put the amp overhead at the back...

There's a hundred out-of-the-way spots to stock an amp, and you're wasting some prime real estate behind that drivers seat!

Robert

Robert 771 said:
There's a hundred out-of-the-way spots to stock an amp, and you're wasting some prime real estate behind that drivers seat!

Robert

I know - this rig is full of things I've had to do "in a hurry." Part of the reason I've decided to downcheck it is to clean up several years of "just get it working" repairs, and to make future repairs and upgrades easier.

The core reason is that most of the engine management sensors are kaput (1988 w/~300K on the clock,) but I can get a few other things seen to while I'm about it, right?:)

Back