• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2-door vs. 4-door

black2door said:
Im 6'3" and I have a 2 door. Yesterday I went to drive my friends 4 door and the seat didnt go back near as far as mine. Mine goes back another 2 inches compared to his 4 door

I'm not sure where you get this from, but it is incorrect. The floor pan in a 2 door is no different than a 4 door. The seats mount in exactly the same spot. And there is also no 2 door specific seat base, only seats.

91 Jeep Project said:
I'm not sure where you get this from, but it is incorrect. The floor pan in a 2 door is no different than a 4 door. The seats mount in exactly the same spot. And there is also no 2 door specific seat base, only seats.

Confirmed...that is correct.

Besides aesthetics, which is purely a subjective matter, I'm really glad I got my 2door because 1) they seem to be a bit rarer, and 2) visibility is much better. I LOVE the visibility I have in my 2door.

The 4doors to have their own unique look that I like, too, though. Maybe I need a 2door AND a 4door. :D

I prefer the 2 door for a lot of reasons.

1) Side visibility is much better.
2) Easier to get in and out of. (Front AND back IMO. Getting out of the back with the seats leaned up and slid forward is about the same as getting out of the back of a 4-door. Those rear doors are tucked too much in front of the rear fender. Drives me f-ing crazy getting in and out!)
3) More rare.
4) 2 doors = Jeep tradition.

Just my .02

Oh, and reason 5) The Cherokee was introduced as a 2 door in 1974. The 4 door came around in 1977, but didn't become popular until the redesigned XJ version in 1984. So a 2 door Cherokee is an homage to the orignial Cherokee.

I love my 2door, never regreted not getting a 4door

Picture838.jpg

carmike692000 said:
Besides aesthetics, which is purely a subjective matter, I'm really glad I got my 2door because 1) they seem to be a bit rarer, and 2) visibility is much better. I LOVE the visibility I have in my 2door.

The 4doors to have their own unique look that I like, too, though. Maybe I need a 2door AND a 4door. :D

Yes you do:D

Count my vote as needing both!
I acquired a 2 door. And...... once some work is done to make it run better, I am comparing the it to my 4-door. I will keep the one that runs best, and, knowing me, will keep the other one......=0)

Rev Den said:
Wheelwells are the same.

Yes you can trim more in back, because you don't have to worry about the rear doors, the front is the same.

2 doors look better when chopped.

2 doors wheel MUCH better.

2 door drivers are much better looking and get far more women.

2 doors do not suffer from saggin rear doors.

Rev

AND...2 door drivers RARELY have to worry about undesireables wanting to ride in the rera due to the PITA factor of getting in and out from behind the front seat.

AND when all is said and done...there IS more room for sex in a 2dr than a four.

Try it sometime...it's TRUE.

91 Jeep Project said:
Could it have anything to do with him having power seats and me not??? Cause I swear his doesnt go back as far

as others have said, the two door is easier to get in and out of, i am 6'2 and when i get in the wifeys 4 door it is a little harder.we have both and do not regret getting the second one at all.

again, the visibility in the 2 door is better.

the baby seat stays in the 4 door though.i would have to climb in the back seat to belt her in and then climb back out again, not a big deal if i had to but prefer to open the door, put her in and go. besides her 4door has a lot more options than my base model does. mine is easier to work on since it has a lot less mechanical under the hood and hers is better to go on road trips in.

i have found no real physical differences besides the ones already stated.

the power seats would make a real difference in seat travel i bet.the seats might be located higher as well, so that could influence the amount of room you have behind the wheel.

Well, since you've brought the thread back from the dead, I'll chuck in my two cents...

The thing nobody mentioned is stickin your elbow out the window. My girlfriend's fourdoor had the b pillar right there where your elbow should go.

My two door has plenty of "elbow room." Even when the doors are on...

Robert

Last edited:
turbovan89 said:
Wouldn't and the 2-doors be more prone to sagging due to the fact that the doors are longer, heavier, and get used much more often than the rear doors of a 4-door?

The front doors would be more prone to sagging, but you'll never have to worry about the rear doors sagging.

4 doors are cheaper to insure than 2 doors. That's the first thing my agent asked me about mine, it's a 4 door. My agents exact words...."4 doors are classed more like a family type vehicle, typically driven by the older crowd and used more as grocery getters. 2 doors seem to attract the younger, and therefore typically riskier drivers in their view."

If they only knew.... :laugh2:

Last edited:
Back