• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1st Annual Adopt A Trail BBQ October 2nd

First NAXJA members signed in!

Nice! Have fun, and "represent" for us!

Just got home. It was a fun day. First, I got up to Big Bear without overheating. So I did something right. When I got to the Disco Center, it was really cool and crisp. But it heated up pretty good during the day. No rain, but lots of clouds.

Max, Julio, and I went on the John Bull run. Six Jeeps total, which is a good manageable number. No carnage to speak of. My new bling tailpipe did get munched pretty good.

The food at the BBQ was really good. There were some good prizes in the raffle, but nothing for me. Sequoia and Brendan were winners though. Good to see everyone and their families.

Started raining on the way down the mountain, but it stopped by the time I got to Mentone.

Just got home. It was a fun day. First, I got up to Big Bear without overheating. So I did something right. When I got to the Disco Center, it was really cool and crisp. But it heated up pretty good during the day. No rain, but lots of clouds.

Max, Julio, and I went on the John Bull run. Six Jeeps total, which is a good manageable number. No carnage to speak of. My new bling tailpipe did get munched pretty good.

The food at the BBQ was really good. There were some good prizes in the raffle, but nothing for me. Sequoia and Brendan were winners though. Good to see everyone and their families.

Started raining on the way down the mountain, but it stopped by the time I got to Mentone.

I think you can call it carnage, if you have to use a sledge hammer to fix it. :cheers:
102.jpg

103.jpg

Some more picutres from the event...
096.jpg

A pretty good turn out.
111.jpg

He may be a jerk, but at least he brought some shade :cheers:
117.jpg

Each group that volunteered got called up for a cert of appreciation
126.jpg

128.jpg

My wife got 2nd through 4th place in the Salsa contest... First place went to a White guy?!?
131.jpg

Hey brendan... that Salsa contest was flawed, no way a white guy beat your wifes salsa.

Had a good time overall. Good seeing everyone! The rain got me too on the way back. Got pretty nasty half way down but by the time i got down i caught a glimpse of an awesome Double Rainbow. :p

I wish I had not put the camera in the truck, otherwise I would have gotten a picture of that.

Hey brendan... that Salsa contest was flawed, no way a white guy beat your wifes salsa.

Had a good time overall. Good seeing everyone! The rain got me too on the way back. Got pretty nasty half way down but by the time i got down i caught a glimpse of an awesome Double Rainbow. :p

You're awake?

We have some really nice maps to hand out at events and meet and greets (whenever we remember to haul them out), these maps have the ratings nad all the trails, they really got the job done well!

Holly, Sebastian, and I are in the hotel now. The weather got a bit threatening up here but it petered out, no awesome thunderstorm for us :( It was a fun day and Sebastian really enjoyed playing and falling down in all that wonderful dirt. He'll be going for the Junior Ranger program for sure in a few years.

See everybody in two weeks at the Jeep Patrol clean up day!

I love the award pic with everyone...except Julio...proudly sporting a NAXJA shirt. Bad Julio, Bad!! =)

Geoff, Jeep Patrol cleanup? Do I need to hunt for the thread?

LOL..."Free Entry!"! Didn't know anyone ever actually charged people who wanted to volunteer to pick up trash...

I'll have to consult my schedule... Might be up for it, tho it'd be nice to carpool to save gas. Any idea how many NAXJAns plan to go?

My older daughter might go up with me, too; she likes doing that kind of stuff (went to the Sugarloaf cleanup with me in Aug, and the AAT after SoCalFest.) Hmmmm.

I love the award pic with everyone...except Julio...proudly sporting a NAXJA shirt. Bad Julio, Bad!! =)

Geoff, Jeep Patrol cleanup? Do I need to hunt for the thread?

Shut up Carol... go drink your prune juice.

I don't own a NAXJA shirt and i couldnt find my NAXJA sweater.

I'll have to consult my schedule... Might be up for it, tho it'd be nice to carpool to save gas. Any idea how many NAXJAns plan to go?

You can carpool with me but you'll have to drive to Torrance first!

I volunteered to lead so I'll be up there. I'll be driving the '96 and by myself so I can have up to three other people tag along.

What crop, looks right to meand I have the original

Back