• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 2 door cherokee 4X4 for sale

100_2591.jpg

Yeah need to sell it so she can't get it in the devorce

Be careful with that. Are you already legally separated? If so any action you take to try a deprive her of anything can be held against you.

Yeah need to sell it so she can't get it in the devorce

sell it to someone you trust(not a family member) for a dollar(lowest legal sale if i remember right) and when the separation is final buy it back for the same dollar. I say not a family member because people might catch on...

Texas has no legal separation, you're either married or you're not.

It doesn't matter if he sells it for less than FMV, the judge can still tag him with reimbursing her 50% of the FMV if he sells it for $1.00. It's called "wasting community assets" and is a no-no in this state.

You'd also have to consider whether he owned it before marriage or not. Whether community funds paid for the upgrades, etc. etc. etc.

That being said, how much are ya lookin' to get outta it?

Man, sorry to hear all this. Separations, especially from your jeep are tough.:(

I for one, think marriage should be illegal. They tend to lead to divorce.:bawl:which is never pleasant. Although being single has distinct advantages.

On the sell it for $1 deal to a friend, or not, a judge might use a blue book value (which is probably a lot less than $2800), just like an insurance company would. Or just claim you needed the cash to pay the blood sucker lawyer!:eyes: , which from the sound of it, you do.

All I can say is hang in there kid! Better times will come around.

Had a yahoo offer 2,000 for it and I had to laugh at him.
Oh well guess it don't hurt to try.
Well any one wanna take up a collection for an addick. Jeep that is.
had one vampire tell 2500 for a retainer if it didn't go to trial.
NEVER GET MARRIED

$2500 is fairly common if you're fighting over stuff. Hell, we only ask for a retainer of between $750 and $1500 if you're not. But, then again, if you're not fighting over stuff, it's just a matter of paperwork and you can do that without hiring one of us "vampire" types as you so delicately put it. :)

Sorry about the remark. the guy was a bit of an ass though.
I just want to limit her to brazoria county and I have full say as to where she can move with my baby girl. She is 8 and just loves to wheel and camp with me. It would kill me to have to drive to austin or worse out of state to see her. (Un less she went to MOAB Ut. Then I would follow)
I just sucks you go through your marrage making desicions together and then one day I have little to no say at all.
i did nothing wrong in the marrage I worked helped around the house and took care of the cars and the yard. Then some other jackass weseals his way in and now she just dosent love me anymore. what a load of crap.
So I now stay in an apartment a few miles down the road and see my girls tue. thur. and every other weekend.
Oh well should have had the snip snip done a long time ago...

Had a yahoo offer 2,000 for it and I had to laugh at him.
Oh well guess it don't hurt to try.
Well any one wanna take up a collection for an addick. Jeep that is.
had one vampire tell 2500 for a retainer if it didn't go to trial.
NEVER GET MARRIED

Everyone should get married at least once.
It is one of lifes great learning experiences!:soapbox:

Sorry about the remark. the guy was a bit of an ass though.
I just want to limit her to brazoria county and I have full say as to where she can move with my baby girl. She is 8 and just loves to wheel and camp with me. It would kill me to have to drive to austin or worse out of state to see her. (Un less she went to MOAB Ut. Then I would follow)
I just sucks you go through your marrage making desicions together and then one day I have little to no say at all.
i did nothing wrong in the marrage I worked helped around the house and took care of the cars and the yard. Then some other jackass weseals his way in and now she just dosent love me anymore. what a load of crap.
So I now stay in an apartment a few miles down the road and see my girls tue. thur. and every other weekend.
Oh well should have had the snip snip done a long time ago...

Just hang in there, with a little luck, things will work out. Sometimes you can get further with a carrot than a stick, but not always. Never hurts to try the carrot first.

Mine packed up and split back in 94, after 16 years. Have not heard from her since 96, but at one point the kids turned up and moved back in with me. Been a happy single parent ever since.

Just be careful that she does not get and feel desperate (due to your actions), and splits and disappears anyway. That would be far worse, than their moving cross country and knowing where and how to reach them. That was a potential problem that I faced back in 94, as my ex had done the disappearing act before.

No offense was taken man...my response was kinda tongue in cheek...I get lots of grief for what I do to make my money.

I've been in a custody battle for the past 2 years to guarantee that my daughter (now 16) stays local, so I have a bit of an understanding about what you're going through. For what it's worth, Texas is real big on keeping families close. The Family Code even states that it is public policy that a child has continuing and meaningful access to both parents. Unless she has some necessity causing her to leave the area it is doubtful that a judge will let her.

Back