• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1994 Jeep XJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
So $1,200 for a Jeep that's still running at 200k (in no way uncommon) that appears to have severe structural damage and is currently in a title SNAFU (I've bought a Jeep like this before, it took a couple months back and forth with the DMV to get it clear).

I don't think you're going to have much luck sailing this Jeep.

Yeah, no paperwork can be a real bear. I got a 50cc scooter for $150, had the vin verified by a DMV employee, paid my fee, got my new plates (it had the old blue/yellow CA plates which I couldn't use witthout additional hassle) receive new plates in the mail, along with th new title, no problems. Couple months goes by, and they mail me a notice saying I had to get the Vin re-verified by CHP, apparently their employees aren't skilled/ trustworthy to do it.

As for sailing this jeep, what about the Red Bull Fluegtag (sp?) The one where college kids roll rediculous vehicles into a lake?

Casper, you know you can go to the dmv and file for a new title. it's $15. Just show them your plates and they will take care of you.

Wow man you guys let the casual thing go a little too far. Now you're all on edge and just ribbed the shit out of this guy for trying to sell a jeep. It's a little hard to thread battle 10 guys. Way to go now he'll probably never go red. A little advice was all he needed. Grimm was the only one it this thread who showed any tact. And 1200 wasnt that bad. Just had to find the right buyer. When I was looking for my jeep it took me a while and the best deal I found was 1500. Back end wasn't smashed but it would have been a he'll of a lot easier than fixing all the hidden cancer.

this would all have been solved by going and getting license plates for it, making it legal to drive and or sell.

or even just sticking to one story. its my friends jeep. its my jeep.

its fishy. go to the dmv, get plates, install, boom. sale.

Wow man you guys let the casual thing go a little too far. Now you're all on edge and just ribbed the shit out of this guy for trying to sell a jeep. It's a little hard to thread battle 10 guys. Way to go now he'll probably never go red. A little advice was all he needed. Grimm was the only one it this thread who showed any tact. And 1200 wasnt that bad. Just had to find the right buyer. When I was looking for my jeep it took me a while and the best deal I found was 1500. Back end wasn't smashed but it would have been a he'll of a lot easier than fixing all the hidden cancer.

Get with the program. You're red now.lol:roflmao:

this would all have been solved by going and getting license plates for it, making it legal to drive and or sell.

or even just sticking to one story. its my friends jeep. its my jeep.

its fishy. go to the dmv, get plates, install, boom. sale.
this. mainly the fishy part. plates, no big deal.

Ok. In all seriousness. It's not a horrible deal. I might know someone who is willing to go down there. What's the address that it's at?

IBTL

Wow when did I go back to Junior High?

caspertheog, chill out, watch your language, show our CLUB house some respect.

Everyone else start acting like adults I know some of you actually are, others I'm not so sure.

If you have no interest in the sail, excuse me sale, then move on.

Pretty much what has been said about the paperwork has been said. Leave it alone.

Maybe I'll unlock this thread, maybe I won't.

If you a serious about dealing with the OP take it to PMs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back