• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 Comanche $1800

akelts

NAXJA Forum User
1988 Jeep Comanche Longbed Automatic 4x4 with 196,100 miles

I have one too many projects and just bought a bigger, newer truck so I am looking to get of this one. Would like to get $2000, but will take $1800 from redletter members of NAXJA. Not going to BS you, it’s a 25 year old car with almost 200k miles so its not in perfect shape, but it has a few good things going for it as well. I have spelled everything out below.

The good:
· Good running inline 6 that just passed emissions without issue.
· Rustys 4.5” lift with new shocks installed comes with 31” all terrains.
· 4x4 engages fine.
· Dana 44 rear axle.
· Flowmaster exhaust and newer cat.
· Upgraded to real gauges (instead of idiot lights and a huge fuel gauge)
· Body is in great shape. Truck has been in the southwest all its life. There is only one small area of rust on the entire truck: 3-4” area in on drivers side below rear window where the paint has bubbled, but it is not soft or eaten through.
· Recently bedlined the floorboards and they were 99% rust free before doing so.
· Removed all the surface rust in the bed and bedlined that as well.
· Bench seat has been freshly reupholstered.
· Have brand new carpet ready to go in.
· Has a locking gold S10 camper shell that fits pretty good.
· Spare used transfer case in good condition.
· Replaced oil filter adapter o-rings, new highflow thermostat housing and thermostat.
· Fresh oil change, new air filter and new fluids in tcase and both diffs.
· Spare set of taillights.

The so-so:
· 3 of the 4 tires will need to be replaced in the next couple thousand miles…rims are in OK shape.

The bad:
· Does not have AC. Came from the factory that way.
· T case makes a low whirring noise (hence the spare tcase in “the good”; I was going to install a SYE in it)
· The dipstick tube broke off almost flush with the block. I have it plugged up so it does not spew oil and I have a spare dipstick tube, but eventually the oil pan will have to be removed in order to knock the old stub out from below.
· Once in a while the truck backfires out of the exhaust. I have replaced the MAP and the O2 sensor, tested fuel pressure and the crankshaft sensor function and they are all OK and the truck has passed emissions fine the past 2 years, but the backfire is still there every so often.
· Pretty sure the front driver unit/wheel bearing is about to give up the ghost.
· The front passenger fender is dented pretty good at the bottom and the previous owner chopped the front part of both fenders off flush with the top of the bumper. I was planning on using a white 97+ Cherokee front clip to update the front with.

DSCN0097.jpg

DSCN0096.jpg

If your interested contact me for a test drive and come check it out. nine 15-478 O6O5. Aaron

SOLD. Gave the buyer a naxja card. He has two other Jeeps in addition to this one so at least I know its going to someone who appreciates them....

Back