• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

13" brake conversion done in under a hour!

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
This has got to be the simplest upgrade out there. Went from 12" solid rear disc to 13" ventilated along with new calipers fitted under the hour including bleeding and getting the tools out and put away! :thup2:

TerritoryRears2.jpg

Fitted these lovely rotors and calipers off a Ford 4wd or 2wd Territory.

TerritoryRears4.jpg

You can see the size difference from the Ford Falcon BA ones I had fitted before. And in there lies the secrete of the quick install! Had that conversion already done about a year ago :wavin2:

TerritoryRears8.jpg

Only two bolts aside and the same brake hose fitted back on. The handbrake etc is all left as is along with the backing plate etc.

TerritoryRears7.jpg

TerritoryRears11.jpg

Fills my 17" wheels nicely doesn't it. ;)

More on my write up here:
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoTerritoryRears.htm

Would that be comparable to Mustang Brakes here in the States?

I like the custom center cap on the Ford wheels too!

Marcus, do you know if there is a US-built Ford rig with 13" brakes, similar to the Territory that we can get parts from? I'm running the Vanco front disc conversion (similar to your Falcon setup, using SportTrac rotors and calipers) with 16" wheels and welcome bigger brakes.

TIA

XJEEPER said:
Marcus, do you know if there is a US-built Ford rig with 13" brakes, similar to the Territory that we can get parts from? I'm running the Vanco front disc conversion (similar to your Falcon setup, using SportTrac rotors and calipers) with 16" wheels and welcome bigger brakes.

TIA

These are made by PBR Australia so really dont know if they would be the same setup as Mustang. They do look the same as what is fitted on our new Holden Commodores made by the same company which you guys now get as the Pontiac G8 and soon the pickup version of that as well.
Current Grand Cherokee has 320 mm rear rotors so might work? Have to redrill the stud pattern though. Might be able to swap in another rotor with the right pattern too? Be a great match if you have done the front Grand already.

Back