• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

12 mpg?

advance auto parts lists 3 different o2 sensors.

one for the upstream 13100
one for the downstream 13122 and
one for the cat 13138

problem is i cant find the upstream. i replaced the downstream and it now is functioning correctly. also about the cat sensor. will that sensor affect mileage or is it that the cat no longer being functional affect the mileage and therefore the reason for the sensor?

why would my tps at 0 pedal read 17% loaded? bored out my throttle body last week and maybe i messed something up. got a new one and it reads the same. put the old one back in and now i'm throwing codes. shoulda left it alone. should i adjust the set screw on the throttle body plate so the tps reads 0% on the scan tool or is it supposed to read low voltage preset at idle?

I would contact some other store chains, and some online ones and see if any of them even show a third O2 sensor.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery to clear the old codes?

got the codes cleared and the jeep runs great. it always has run very well just crappy mileage. the only way i know how to get the best avg mpg numbers are to fill the tank up as much as possible. the vent line always makes it difficult to fill but i was patient the other day and got it filled an extra 2 gallons. gonna keep doing that to until i get some decent numbers to go off of. btw, both autozone and advance have the same sensors listed. not sure whats up with that. i need to get a fsm. i have mitchell manuals but not installed on the computer yet. also, i have seen posts about the tps voltage needing to be in the .82 to .85 range. would that explain the 17% load i am seeing on the scanner with no pedal pressure?

The Idle voltage should be about 17% of the ECU input voltage.

tsill said:
got the codes cleared and the jeep runs great. it always has run very well just crappy mileage. the only way i know how to get the best avg mpg numbers are to fill the tank up as much as possible. the vent line always makes it difficult to fill but i was patient the other day and got it filled an extra 2 gallons. gonna keep doing that to until i get some decent numbers to go off of. btw, both autozone and advance have the same sensors listed. not sure whats up with that. i need to get a fsm. i have mitchell manuals but not installed on the computer yet. also, i have seen posts about the tps voltage needing to be in the .82 to .85 range. would that explain the 17% load i am seeing on the scanner with no pedal pressure?

Back