• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$$$$$

Was that a matching funds deal, or simply a donation to the land use cause of the chapter's choice?

It was both.

In 2008, NAXJA national gave the chapters (yes Rich, all 10 of them, including this one) $1000 as a direct 'donate this to whatever local land use cause you want' donation.

NAXJA national also gave each chapter (yes, including this one) the opportunity to get $500 in matching funds to donate to a local land use cause - where the chapter came up with $500, and National stepped up $500 to match it (or any lesser amount).

Ya'll opted to donate $1000 to PNW4WDA

From what I can see, you did not take advantage of the matching funds. (I might be wrong, and just cant seem to find the thread).

Sweet, a grand would buy some nice equipment for a S&R group, or maybe we could adopt a local Military family in need? It is getting close to the holidays.

:patriot:

Sweet, a grand would buy some nice equipment for a S&R group, or maybe we could adopt a local Military family in need? It is getting close to the holidays.

:patriot:
I'm fairly certain that we appropriated the $1000 money for 'land use' causes last year, but left more open restrictions for the matching funding.

None of this is guaranteed to happen this year, but it is being talked about - and RICHARD CRANIUM has a voice in the national BOD clubhouse - so it could be 'pushed' - so to speak.

I was trying to be selfless and charitable, but then after reading what Scott said…

I say donate it to oporation light saber, look it up in an ORA magizine. if we donate it to the troops we get our club name printed in all the ORA mags and online at 4wheel parts.com plus we will be helping the troops.

My friend just died in Afgahn there's a college fund set up for his son.

I don't want to push it just throw the option out there.

http://www.sondrak.com/index.php/weblog/keeping_us_posted/

1zd3xxj.jpg

My .02

1. I think that it is best donated to a group like PNW4WD or Tread lightly or other larger local/national group that we deam worthy of our money. I think it is the most "bang for the buck" that we can get for our money.

2. I think we should look into the matching program from national. At least look into it and try to understand it better.

3. I think that this money should be donated to a 4x4, land use cause and not "other" charities.

4. While we are on the subject, I believe we should charge more for events like NWfest and donate more money like we are discussing here.

5. DNR land (up till this year) has had money to keep the areas maintained, they needed more man hours. This year is a little different since there money was stripped of them (our tax dollars diverted to other "more important" state departments).

6. Dustin's original comments I think could be very worthy and at least looking into more (maybe split the money between PNW4WD) and the other other club?

Michael

1. I think that it is best donated to a group like PNW4WD or Tread lightly or other larger local/national group that we deam worthy of our money. I think it is the most "bang for the buck" that we can get for our money.

That would probably be best, but I'm willing to do what the majority of the chapter wants to do. This thread is to get ideas together, and then we'll have a poll to make the final decision.

2. I think we should look into the matching program from national. At least look into it and try to understand it better.

There has been talk about matching funds, or a straight $1000 donation like last year. But nothing has been decided yet.

3. I think that this money should be donated to a 4x4, land use cause and not "other" charities.

4. While we are on the subject, I believe we should charge more for events like NWfest and donate more money like we are discussing here.

That has been talked about before. Maybe we can discuss a fee for the next NWFest. That will be up to the next BOD.

5. DNR land (up till this year) has had money to keep the areas maintained, they needed more man hours. This year is a little different since there money was stripped of them (our tax dollars diverted to other "more important" state departments).

6. Dustin's original comments I think could be very worthy and at least looking into more (maybe split the money between PNW4WD) and the other other club?

I have no problem splitting up the donation. Even small donations help, and are appreciated.

Once National decides what they are going to do we can figure it out on our end.

my thought (as much as I am for supporting troops/kids etc) is we should support 4x4 causes being that we are a 4x4 club. If we want to raise money for the troops or toys for tots, we should have a dedicated drive for this. I use my time and money to support other causes outside of anything I do with NAXJA and would prefer the money go towards the interests of the club.

my thought (as much as I am for supporting troops/kids etc) is we should support 4x4 causes being that we are a 4x4 club. If we want to raise money for the troops or toys for tots, we should have a dedicated drive for this. I use my time and money to support other causes outside of anything I do with NAXJA and would prefer the money go towards the interests of the club.
Well...

i do agree:shiver:

my thought (as much as I am for supporting troops/kids etc) is we should support 4x4 causes being that we are a 4x4 club.

My random thought:
Keep in mind, I"m fine either way, and to just to play devil's advocate, by supporting these other groups we increase the awareness of the good nature of the fourwheel drive community and they may just remember this when they see an issue on a ballot to close down a trail. ;)

My random thought:
Keep in mind, I"m fine either way, and to just to play devil's advocate, by supporting these other groups we increase the awareness of the good nature of the fourwheel drive community and they may just remember this when they see an issue on a ballot to close down a trail. ;)

That is PRECISELY why you reach outside your realm. You scratch collective backs, you might be able to ask for favors of other groups later. Branching out with diversity increases awareness of us...and lets everyone know we're humans like them and not a bunch of beer-swilling rednecks tearing up land.

If you're going to give money for land use, make damn sure those groups are doing something to justify receiving it. When trails get closed, look closely at whether your group fought for it or simply rolled over and negotiated not getting screwed so hard. There's a vast difference there. A mission statement and what they actually do aren't always the same. Demand results and make sure you're supporting the right thing.

Damn good point Phil. Hell, I am a wheeler and I have to try pretty hard to just to know if DNR, PNW4WDA, Tread Lightly, or any other group does anything to help keep places maintained and/or open, and/or improve the reputation of the "sport."

Additionally, whose to encourage the typical pansy-ass-Cali-transplant-Washingtonian-tree-hugging-hippie to "allow" us in the woods that they never occupy? I don't know of any group that introduces the activity to the naive or ignorant in it's proper context.

lol, I re-read this and thought, "WTF am I talking about?" Hopefully someone got something out of that!

PS I like all ideas. Just so long as the money isn't wasted in a Wa strip club, that's all I care about! :) M&G at the Acropolis or however you spell it!

Back