• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

100,000 mile maintenance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cats history! And as soon as I get home from the exhaust shop I'm going to change my oil and pour the old oil down a manhole into the sewer.

Later, I'll be hauling an old fridge out to the trail, who cares about no trespassing signs anyway, and dumping it off at the local pond. A lot of kids like to play there and they LOVE to use an old fridge as a fort!

Then, if I'm still feeling good, I'll flush my radiator and put the old radiator fluid out in a bowl to silence my neighbors noisy dogs. ANd any other dogs that might WANT to bark. Not only do I not like cats but I don't like dogs either.

Then, after a I spend some time stalking some your girls on the internet, I'll drive my XJ (which has a bumper that is 2 inches taller than VA law allows), down to the co-op to buy some locally grown, organic vegetables.

I'm surprised you can do any of that, I thought you clunked your XJ to buy a Prius

i have gotten pulled over with no cat. i dont have emissions and the cop didnt mention anything about being a federal law. Does your lawn mower have a cat on it?

Whether a local cop is familiar with the Federal side of it will be hit-or-miss (it's not as if they don't have enough local and state crap to keep track of. Legislators think they need to keep passing new regs to justify their getting paid.

(The simpler solution is to stop paying the fools, methinks...)

However, I believe you'll find it in Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations (I don't have my index handy, or I'd give you more.) It's not under FMVSS, it's under EPA regs - which is why it's so goofy to track down.

However, road vehicles made since the early 1970's - 1971, 1972? - are required to have catalytic converters and are required to maintain the presence of the catalyst bed as long as they're registered and operated on public roadways. Period.

Punching out or removing the cat is illegal. Talking about it is illegal - and if you get a Federal attorney who wants to be difficult, it's easier for them to make the "conspiracy" charge (just talking about it) stick than anything else. There are loads of people in Federal lockup that are there on conspiracy charges - while this isn't something that's likely to get you locked up, Federal fines aren't anything to sneeze at, either (an example would be running a "footwarmer" - a linear power amplifier - on your Citizen's Band radio. Those radios are limited to five Watts output - go to six, and you're subject to being fined. The fine typically starts up around $100K.)

i have gotten pulled over with no cat. i dont have emissions and the cop didnt mention anything about being a federal law. Does your lawn mower have a cat on it?

The EPA will soon be requiring emmissions devices on lawn equipment, so yes, your new lawnmower will likely have a cat.

Here's the Federal law, straight from te code book.
the man said:
Violations.-Any person who violates sections 203(a)(1), 203(a)(4), or 203(a)(5) or any
manufacturer or dealer who violates section 203(a)(3)(A) shall be subject to a civil penalty of
not more than $25,000. Any person other than a manufacture or dealer who violates section
203(a)(3)(A) or any person who violates section 203(a)(3)(B) shall be subject to a civil penalty
of not more than $2,500. Any such violation with respect to paragraph (1), (3)(A) , or (4) of
section 203(a) shall constitute a separate offense with respect to each motor vehicle or motor
vehicle engine. Any such violation with respect to section 203(a)(3)(B) shall constitute a
separate offense with respect to each part or component. Any person who violates section
203(a)(2) shall be subject to a civil penalty of not more than $25,000 per day of violation.
_________

So take it off, and find that one state trooper having a bad day and get fined 2500 bucks.

Also, to the OP, You've got an OBDII ecu, taking the cat off will freak it unless you O2 stim it, in which case you could have just bought a cat and been done with it.

The cats history! And as soon as I get home from the exhaust shop I'm going to change my oil and pour the old oil down a manhole into the sewer.

Later, I'll be hauling an old fridge out to the trail, who cares about no trespassing signs anyway, and dumping it off at the local pond. A lot of kids like to play there and they LOVE to use an old fridge as a fort!

Then, if I'm still feeling good, I'll flush my radiator and put the old radiator fluid out in a bowl to silence my neighbors noisy dogs. ANd any other dogs that might WANT to bark. Not only do I not like cats but I don't like dogs either.

Then, after a I spend some time stalking some your girls on the internet, I'll drive my XJ (which has a bumper that is 2 inches taller than VA law allows), down to the co-op to buy some locally grown, organic vegetables.
Let me guess- your like 15 years old and your basically doing these mods to an XJ your parent bought you, right?

Doubt it. I haven't seen a 15 year old write anything that coherent/intelligible in years.

Actually I'm a 39 year old steelworker.

Would'nt mind being 15 again. Have you seen Jr High girls lately? Hawtness!!!!

Glad I didn't mention that my Cb has been tuned to push a 500 w Buble Bee Linear or I might in up in CB jail for conspiracy to fry birds in flight.

But seriously, is this really what grown men do with their time? Cruise message boards to find something potentially illegal in a post?

Look at the mods to vehicles (lift kits) in the signatures on so many members posts. Then start researching what is the legal bumper height for their home state.

Do the math...

Doubt it. I haven't seen a 15 year old write anything that coherent/intelligible in years.

HA HA! Now that's funny, I don't care who you are! :D :D

I haven't been active on a message board in a couple years. I have really missed this. LOL

No, we just don't advocate illegality as ruled. It's an effort to raise the consciousness of those who may not be aware of the fact that we are not bunch of a**holes running around in jeeps tearing up the woods, trespassing on private property and oh yeah destroying the environment. It's people like you we have absolutely no use for here on NAXJA or in the 4 wheeling community as a whole. Your the reason that we are losing places to wheel at everyday, your they're best argument against our efforts to show ourselves responsible stewards of the trails we are fighting to keep. Thanks man, your the best:looser:.

Yeah, those darn straight pipes are tearing up trails everyday.

"You're" right. I apologize.

Please forgive me. **sniffle**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back