• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

0331 head swap question

This thread was worth reading just for the humor factor....

but...also good to know for future reference. Thanks for posting this up guys - and for the pics (one of the drilled head would be cool too!)

Well, all is better until the rocker bolt broke, maybe we will finish tomorrow

fixed.jpg

Got the head milled and tap and is currently installed... will get some new roxker bolts tomorrow.

Well, the swap is done.

A few pointers:
1. If you go to Sears for your 12pt, 13mm deep well head bolt socket, get the 3/8" drive as the 1/2" necks down too soon and won't fit over the head bolts properly.

2. Make sure you get all (3) alternator bolts back in. An alternator slapping against the head sounds a lot like a bad pushrod.

3. EZ Ups make the day much better.

Fergie said:
1. If you go to Sears for your 12pt, 13mm deep well head bolt socket, get the 3/8" drive as the 1/2" necks down too soon and won't fit over the head bolts properly.

Funny my 1/2" 12pt deep well in 1/2" drive worked fine for me

ehall said:
So you put the WJ head onto the XJ? Did you keep the WJ accessories or what? How'd it turn out?

Other way around, We put a XJ head into the WJ. After Fergie got the hole machined into the new head, we got it installed and running. I haven't heard from him in about a week so I must assume that it is still running good.

for your fan belt I don't know if it would help ya but I saw the complete adjuster assembly bracket and all on Ebay for a 97 if that would be any easier to go that way instead of the newer style idler .

It's done and running. Thanks tho

Back