• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a minor set back!!!

jerseyjeep01

NAXJA Forum User
Driving home on the 16th it was very icy. A guy coming in the oposite direction loosing control of his Infinity SUV and comes into my lane leaving me with no options.

jeep1.jpg

The police report says hes at fault but that still doesnt give me my xj back. Not sure if shes totaled yet, the insurance adjuster hasent notified me yet. This pisses me off and kills my plans to intall my new TNT y-link and 33's:gonnablow

I hope its not totaled. I've been putting alot of time into her getting her ready for her new shoes. The damage as far as I can tell, I'm no body guy, doesnt seem to be enough to total the XJ. We'll see soon I guess.

that is depressing man. I remmeber when a similar accident happened to me. Mine wasnt totaled. If airbags did not deploy and thier is minimal to no frame damage then they usually wont total it, but that may just be my company(jersey manufacturers).

Does it have damage to the inner fender? If so it could well be totaled.

IF they total it just buy another one. Not like there isn't thousands of them for sale at any given time.

If its totaled, you can just buy it back and turn it into a trail only rig, and get another DD with the leftover money.

Go figure, as soon as you are about to lift it it gets wrecked. The day I was going to install my snorkel I had to avoid 1 car coming around a corner in my lane and 3 other idiots on the way home from autozone.

Look on the bright side of things though, at least you didn't put the Y-link and 33's on the 15th only to have that happen the next day...

And judging from how far that grill is pushed back, I'd say that inner fender is toast. Just don't expect good news.

Last edited:
Sorry dude I know exactly how you feel.

Day before I was going to get my flowmaster back in 2005 I got hit by a girl at my HS and sandwhiched b/w two cars. Jeep sat in the body shop for a month and almost got totaled.

Last month I was planning on ordering my lift, got hit AGAIN by a woman in a 89 Suburban who was avoiding somebody that pulled out infront of her in the rain. Jeep sat in the body shop for two weeks, and I just got it back a little over a week ago.

I'm hoping to order my lift this week.....but with the way things have been going everytime I go to order something for my Jeep, i'm afraid to do anything...lol.

As far as the outside goes, it looks pretty repairable, however as DrMoab said, if there's damage to the inner fender, it will probably get totaled. If they do claim it a loss, start finding receipts for ANYTHING that you can showing any upgrades and such you've purchased....it will help in determining the value of the Jeep.

Going by your name you have a 2001 model? How many miles does it have on it?

looks like a total to me

I'm going to get in contact with my insurance guy today and get the ball rolling on this thing. What is it that makes it looked totaled? I trust all of your opinions alot more than an insurance aduster or body shop. They will try to fix it to save some $$ in the long run.

I'll buy the doors. Lord knows I need them. Promise to make them last longer than the last ones. :shiver:
Also need the passenger side headlight bezel. hehehe

38DaffyXJ.jpg

If it's totaled, trail rig that puppy.

jerseyjeep01 said:
What is it that makes it looked totaled?
jeep6.jpg

jeep4.jpg

It looks like your inner fender is crumpled back some and ripped apart. This would mean things are tweaked, and they would need to replace that inner fender which isn't a small thing.

jerseyjeep01 said:
Would insurance cover an aftermarket suspension in that situation? I have gieco jfyi.
More often than not they wouldn't cover it. Maybe since it is so new, they might, because I know when my brother got in his first accident he had just put new tires on cause they were worn out, and they refunded him the money for the tires. But Most insurance won't cover you for aftermarket parts, especially if it would enhance the likely hood of a roll over or anything like that. I know some insurance companies won't cover you if you go offroad or have a lift, and then there are some that will refund your money for the parts if you have it appraised by someone. But if you got in an accident, this was also just discussed in another thread, they really only have to pay for OEM replacement parts.

I was also saying that more because it would just plain suck to dump all that money into it and have your hopes up and the next day have it totalled, and perhaps screw up some of the parts. For my brothers second accident which happened probably 6 months later, he had just gotten a grill-guard put on his Rodeo, and then less than a week later he was in a head on collision. He was pissed. I don't think that insurance covered the grill-gaurd though, it was 5 years ago now so I can't remember.

Last edited:
I think you will be OK. One tug from a frame machine and that inner fender will line right out most likely.

Like I said, I'm no auto body guy, just an electrician. I talked to my adjuster today and he said they are not going to total it. Its repairable. I'm excited to get my love back but then again I'm afraid that she wont be the same. He said parts and labor totaled $6800.00. Hes also going to send me a repair and parts list. This is the first time I've had to deal with this, I've been lucky for the last 6 years. What should I look for when I get the pickup call? Is there something I should pay close attention to? Thanks guys for all your support! Dont know where I'd be without NAXJA!! ....... maybe JU?...... nah

jerseyjeep01 said:
Like I said, I'm no auto body guy, just an electrician. I talked to my adjuster today and he said they are not going to total it. Its repairable. I'm excited to get my love back but then again I'm afraid that she wont be the same. He said parts and labor totaled $6800.00. Hes also going to send me a repair and parts list. This is the first time I've had to deal with this, I've been lucky for the last 6 years. What should I look for when I get the pickup call? Is there something I should pay close attention to? Thanks guys for all your support! Dont know where I'd be without NAXJA!! ....... maybe JU?...... nah

March membership drive is still going on.....

Back