• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

M.O.R.E. Motor Mounts

jeepboy_90

NAXJA Forum User
Good? Bad? Are Rustys any good? Let me know. Did a search and came up with not to much.

get the JM600 "Torsion" Rubber from M.O.R.E.
yes they are pricey but waaaaaaaaaay better than any of the poly stuff.

I made the mistake of getting the rusty's motor mounts first and they transmitted lots of vibes up through the body and to my seat!!!!

I have had the jm600 for about 3 years now with no problems whatsoever!!

I've got the rubber M.O.R.E. mounts and have mixed feelings about them. I know that my nice new rad wont ever be damaged by the motor shifting, but they transmit a lot more noise, mainly at idle.

Fergie

Fergie said:
I've got the rubber M.O.R.E. mounts and have mixed feelings about them. I know that my nice new rad wont ever be damaged by the motor shifting, but they transmit a lot more noise, mainly at idle.

Fergie

I agree, but I only have the driver side in with a stock passenger side mount. There is a good amount of vibration at idle. It isn't a big deal for me. I like how beefy they are, but $120/pair is a good chunk of change. I know the poly bushing from Rusty would give more vibes yet.

Not to hijack the thread, but can anyone tell me why they don't just get new "original" motor mounts? Mine have lasted for 133,000 miles with no issues yet.... when they need changing, why wouldn't I just get more of the same? I'm not being a smart-ass... I am really interested to know.

Thanks.

DSN46 said:
Not to hijack the thread, but can anyone tell me why they don't just get new "original" motor mounts? Mine have lasted for 133,000 miles with no issues yet.... when they need changing, why wouldn't I just get more of the same? I'm not being a smart-ass... I am really interested to know.

Thanks.

The issue I've had with OEM mounts is a short life span. (I got one season of wheeling each out of two pair) They might last OK in a mildly driven XJ, but they don't last for me.

Swapped in MORE (rubber bushing torsion style) into my DD XJ IIRC spring 2004... it did take awhile for them to break in (or maybe I've just learned to ignore the increased vibrations?) but they are so much more heavy duty than OEM that it's a trade-off I can live with.

I have the MORE mts in my DD Stroker - more vibs than a stock mount but acceptable (depends on the owner - anybody expecting Lincoln level of ride will be disapointed)
and Rustys in the Drag MJ - now those transmit vibration - but they keep the motor in place!!
So it depends on what you want - as stated hard wheeling tears up stock mounts!

FWIW, Napa's fit and run like OEM @ $20 each

I bought my OEM replacements from AutoZone. $28 and Lifetime Warranty, thought they were at least worth a shot. No problems with them yet.

I've just received my M.O.R.E Motor mounts and haven't installed them yet, so no info on vibs. But All I can say is that they do look a lot beefier than the stock part.
I ordered the tranny mount too and all I can say is That thing has a lot of rubber.

Very happy with my purchase.

Haleyes said:
I bought my OEM replacements from AutoZone. $28 and Lifetime Warranty, thought they were at least worth a shot. No problems with them yet.

I got my two pair from Advance, ($24.99/set but that was quite awhile ago) unclear on the warranty but IIRC it was a year or lifetime.

The snag is hit when the failed (sub $30) parts let the fan/clutch takes out your radiator. Sure the chain-store will cheerfully replace the failed mounts... the other downstream carnage is on your dime though :D

Believe me, I am a tight-wad. I can make change for a penny ;) If I think a chain-store part will suit my needs, I'll surely give it a try. When those parts come up short, I'll chock it up to yet another case of my cheap ass getting bit, then I'll go pay more for parts that (hopefully) won't come up short :D

In a year or so (but before the warranty runs out) ask me how my $138.84/pair of Advance Auto D30 unit-hubs are holding up.

After stroking a blown motor I thought I would replace my mounts with the stock ones from NAPA. As soon as I set the motor down on them I noticed the rubber had compressed almost 3/8 of an inch down from the metal hoop. I have a 3 row rad and the motor moves so much under acceleration that my pulley dove into and destroyed my electric fan. Replaced with MORE and haven't had any problems since. My .02

I totally see where your comming from Woody. I have been keeping a pretty close eye on them. At the time cash was tight and that was the way to go. If that hadn't been an issue, I probably would have ended up with MORE's.

When they do finally give up, itsn't it more of a gradual thing most of the time. Not just all of a sudden it granades. So if I keep an eye on them I should be able to catch it?

HotChiliRam said:
I've just received my M.O.R.E Motor mounts and haven't installed them yet, so no info on vibs. But All I can say is that they do look a lot beefier than the stock part.
I ordered the tranny mount too and all I can say is That thing has a lot of rubber.

Very happy with my purchase.

Is the one you are talking about right now the TransmissionMount / Polyurethane for $47 dollars off the MORE site? If it is how does it ride, does it vibrate much with the polyurethane? Mine is shot and im lookin into a new one.

I purchased a set of mounts from rawbrown last year and they managed to let the engine move forward into the fan. He replaced them with a different design, but those disentegrated quickly letting the engine drop in the chassis. I modified the first set from him with rings to prevent the motor shifting forward, but see that they are breaking up now too. So, I went on a search for the MORE mounts and found out that they are on sale right now straight through MORE for $102.00. I considered making a set from XJ Lower Control arm bushings (which the MORE units use), but said screw it and ordered a set of MORE mounts just now. Jeff

i got the more motor mounts and i can say that the jeep accelerates better, but damn if it isn't rough at idle or sitting at a stop light. its gotten to the point that my panels are starting to rattle loose. i had the center console fall out the other day, lol. I like them, but since i use my jeep as a dd as well, i think i might go back to the stock mounts from autozone. cheap and lifetime warrenty. i also have the poly tranny mount for what its worth.

JaMMin2525 said:
Is the one you are talking about right now the TransmissionMount / Polyurethane for $47 dollars off the MORE site? If it is how does it ride, does it vibrate much with the polyurethane? Mine is shot and im lookin into a new one.

I haven't installed my mounts yet. Once I install them I'm going to post my experience.
And Yes, I'm talking about the tranny mount / polyurethane for $47 off the MORE site. But I think I paid more like $42, but haven't check my CC invoice so I'm not sure.

I have a set of Raw Brown mounts, they seem to work fine for me. I actually think the extra vibrations make the jeep more comfortable to sit in when idling.

Back