• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drive Line Vibes

The_Rock

NAXJA Forum User
I've been reading allot of post on drive line vibes and my question is can you usualy definitely feel these vibs or can they be hard to feel but working on your Xcase bearing. I have a 2000 with about 5.5 inches of lift. When I put the 8.8 under I set it up to just under equal so it would rap up to a equal angle with the front u-joint with a 1" case drop. I don't notice any vibes and when I had it in for work once I as the shop if they noticed any and they didn't either. Is it that uncommon to lift this high without vibes or could I be missing them?

yes you should feel the vibs. typically you feel a hum that is strongest around a certain speed. like 65-75 mph. what size tires are you running? the vibs could be more noticable at a higher speed if your running bigger tires and stock gears. i would bet that once you regeared they would become alot more noticable.

I'm running 32s with 4:10. I've got a set of 31 AT that I'm putting on to save my muds I'll have to see how it feels at speed with them.

Back