• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I talk anyone into....

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Running Rubicon with me June 24th through 26th? My original plan was July, but it looks like the end of June would be slightly better for me but I am open to moving up the date if someone has a better idea. I promised Rubi trip to my nephew (he will be here from June through the end of July) and I have as a backup plan a mid July trip with a club out of SD, but I'd rather run with NAXJA guys :D. I am even willing to offer a bribe of good dark beer for evening campfire :D (heck... I was planning to bring the beer anyways so I guess it isn't really a bribe but more of an "incentive" :D)

Kejtar said:
Running Rubicon with me June 24th through 26th? My original plan was July, but it looks like the end of June would be slightly better for me but I am open to moving up the date if someone has a better idea. I promised Rubi trip to my nephew (he will be here from June through the end of July) and I have as a backup plan a mid July trip with a club out of SD, but I'd rather run with NAXJA guys :D. I am even willing to offer a bribe of good dark beer for evening campfire :D (heck... I was planning to bring the beer anyways so I guess it isn't really a bribe but more of an "incentive" :D)

I could probably make it then. I moved from Chicago to Northern Cal to be able to wheel that trail! I would however, lean more towards the 25th through the 27th, so I'll only need to take friday off of work. My parents want me to come out the Chicago to visit them whenever I get any vacation. I'm sure we'll have a good group in June. I live around 45 minutes or less from Georgetown and would love to go a number of times this year. I finally have the rig to do it in (91' 2 door, 4.0L/231/4 speed auto/8" rubicon expess lift/35" mtr's/warn winch/many spare parts including axle shafts & steering/all I need are some lockers and I will be set). Have you ever did the Rubicon? If so, how many times?

OK, I'd be game for that... the only reason I wanted to do it day earlier to avoid the full weekend (more people then?). In any case, anyone else?? I'm especially looking for someone that knows the trail and can lead it :D I can attempt it with a map and GPS, but I have been know to take a wrong turn every so often :p

If you wanted to go the week before, I could go like the 17th-19th. That's right after the end of the quarter for me. I'm going to get a job once the quarter ends though, so I may not be able to take days off for a while. I might be able to do 25-27, but that's, like, months away right now.

Phil Weeks said:
If you wanted to go the week before, I could go like the 17th-19th. That's right after the end of the quarter for me. I'm going to get a job once the quarter ends though, so I may not be able to take days off for a while. I might be able to do 25-27, but that's, like, months away right now.

I might be able to do 17 - 19th :D I'm somewhat open about that. I understand that it's a fair ways out, but I gotta schedule the whole visit: coordinate extended family meets and so on since my sis comes to US with the whole family once every couple years.

I'm sure some of us can make it.....it's just a matter of seeing how things settle out in the summer. Pick a weekend that works for you and some friends and put it on our calendar.

We'll call it the "Remi Comes North" run. :D

CRASH

CRASH said:
I'm sure some of us can make it.....it's just a matter of seeing how things settle out in the summer. Pick a weekend that works for you and some friends and put it on our calendar.

We'll call it the "Remi Comes North" run. :D

CRASH

Right on Crash :D Lets do the 17 - 19th then. Hopefully it will not be as crowded as the summer just begins. Now I just I will also put it on my calendar and have to request it off from work (they got no other choice then give it to me so thats not problem :D They owe me LOL) and fab at least the front bumper and get spare shafts... and I'm good to go :D I can even put it as a semi-unoficial run on www.naxja.org/calendar.htm in the other upcoming events :D

Phil Weeks said:
I feel so special, he picked my date :D

You're special in a short-bus-to-school sort of way.

CRASH

Back