• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio Wiring Help

white99z

NAXJA Forum User
I am wiring the radio in my Girlfriends Jeep she bought yesterday and the previous owner cut the factory harness off so I need to konw which wires on the factory harness match up with the wires on the aftermarket harness. Her Jeep is a 95 XJ. Here are the colors of wire I need.

Light Blue/Red
Dark Blue/Red
Purple
Blue/Orange
Gray/Red
Gray/Blue
Pink
Green
Gray/Yellow
Blue/White
Purple/White
Orange/Black

I did a search and found a thread but it was for an 88 and I need to know if they are the same. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Heres what I know from past experience. Keep in mind that I may be mixed up on the which wires are front and which ones are the rears but after you hook up the power you can plug and play to see what speaker gets wired with different pairs of wires. You will also have to experienment with which ones are postive and which ones are negative. Thats pretty easy. For the ones I didn't mark here is what I know. You will have left a power,ground wires to connnect. I believe that these colors should match up with the ones on your radio. Also I believe the Gray and Yellow wire my not be hooked up because that is for an amplifier. Hope this helps.

Light Blue/Red/Front Left Speaker
Dark Blue/Red/Front Left Speaker
Purple
Blue/Orange/Right Rear Speaker
Gray/Red/Rear Left Speaker
Gray/Blue/Rear Left Speaker
Pink
Green
Gray/Yellow
Blue/White/Front Right Speaker
Purple/White/Front Right Speaker
Orange/Black/Rear Right Speaker

Just a side note:

Either solder and wrap the connections, or use good crimp connectors and heat-shrink covers. Please don't twist and tape, or use wire-nuts. Wires that vibrate loose and kill a speaker are no fun, but electrical fires under the dash are about as fun as a porcupine enema.

You probably already know this, but Justin Case asked me to tell you.

to figure out the polarity of the speaker wires you can take two wires that are going to the same speaker and touch them to the ends of a C or D cell battery. If you have the polarity right the speaker cone will push out. Backwards it will pull in.

Darren

Back