• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A good exhaust shop?

Deyman

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the Lansdale PA area and I am considering a header. I'm not sure I want to tackle this Job myself. It's a 97 xj sport, daily driver with OME 2" susp., 3 core GDI rad., buildup in progress as time and money allows. The exhaust manifold is cracked and probably will not pass inspection next time around. The stealership quoted me $565 for the stock manifold. Way too much for a stock replacement. Anyone know of any good exhaust shops around here that could do it for a reasonable price?

Thanks

Deyman

I'm in King of Prussia, I could help you do it. It's not hard to do it will take about a four hours. Do you have a garage? Not a hard job to do, I just did mine. The cost of having any shop do it isn't worth it at 75hr for labor. Get a good header and go from there. Juice

Check with the dealer again, I seem to remember there being some kind of issues with them. The replacments are supposed to eliminate this, I remember eagle posting about this a while back and I remember a couple of TJ owners that got replacements out of warranty on 98 and 99 TJ's. They all crack in the same place.

Back