NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > SoCal Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

SoCal Chapter The SoCal Chapter covers Southern California and Arizona. Please post local topics here.

Old March 9th, 2020, 12:11
Yes, it's MY Jeep =)

Angry Stolen Car, good friend's, San Diego

FOUND 3/12/20 It's not a Jeep, but the owner goes camping with me and is a very good friend of mine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

White 2014 Nissan Versa hatchback, License 7GFX782. Stolen late Friday night or early Saturday a.m. from East Oceanside in Northern San Diego County.
If you see it, call the police immediately, reference Police Report 20003489. Also call (or preferably text) me ASAP at six1nine six54 nine758; I can't monitor for any comments/findings.

When stolen it had a bike rack and a light purple 26" GT full size BMX on the back; the bike has one blue tire & blue handlebars. The rack & bike are probably long gone off the car, though.

The car's other identifying decals were magnetic "Transformer" emblems on the hood & hatch, probably also gone. The screws for the front license plate are shaped like shell casings, and it's possible the thieves missed those. Other than that it's a pretty bland little white hatchback.

There is no theft insurance on the car, and this is a huge financial & emotional hit for my friend. We will scrounge up a cash reward if anyone finds it or even the bike.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Carol

Last edited by Carol.92124; March 15th, 2020 at 11:24.
Old March 9th, 2020, 14:21
NAXJA Member

Re: Stolen Car, good friend's, San Diego

Had to look up what a Versa looked liked. I'll keep my eyes peeled since that's kinda sorta in my neck of the woods.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old March 9th, 2020, 20:12
Yes, it's MY Jeep =)

Thank you, Art. All efforts are appreciated, including you posting a picture of the car. I have a picture of the bike on my phone, but need to get it onto my PC to attempt to upload it.
Old March 12th, 2020, 16:39
Yes, it's MY Jeep =)

Just got a call, the car was found, it's in impound in Escondido, he's on his way to find out what's left. Thank you to all who kept an eye out
Old March 12th, 2020, 16:45
Stranger

Impressive.

I would have expected it to be in Ensenada.

I am glad it was found. I hope he can get it back in service without too much hassle.

Baby it's cold outside.
Old March 12th, 2020, 21:29
NAXJA Member

Got lucky on that one, assuming it's in decent shape. Quick, have him go buy a lottery ticket before his luck runs out!
Old March 15th, 2020, 11:23
Yes, it's MY Jeep =)

They caught a couple driving it, most belongings were gone but car is fine, so that's lucky.
Old March 15th, 2020, 15:28
Stranger

Bummer about the belongings, but at least not a major hit to the pocket.

FWIW, this is why I keep a club on the steering wheel. Yes, I know it is something a thief can defeat, but it makes my car less desirable for the opportunist. Kinda like carrying a .22 in bear country. Might not be able to outrun the bear, but if I can kneecap someone else and outrun them I am good.

Baby it's cold outside.
Old March 17th, 2020, 12:17
Yes, it's MY Jeep =)

True!
Old March 18th, 2020, 11:23
NAXJA Member

The club helps to deter the amateurs, I often use mine. If a professional really wants your vehicle the only way to protect it is to sleep in it with your dog and a shotgun.