• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

San Diego Meet & Greet Mon 3/17/14

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Put this on your calendar NOW!! =)

You might worry that it'll be a zoo, at a place called O'Brien's, on St Patricks Day... But I've been there on St Pats before and it was fine. And they had a green beer-cheese burger that was to die for =)

This is a recurring event, every 3rd Monday of the month. Put it on your calendars!!

Come one come all, all ages, for however long you can show up. See you there!!

O'Brien's is open to people of all ages, not just 21-and-up, so bring kids if you're so inclined (not many do at this point, but they're welcome!). Also dog-friendly, to friendly dogs.

We'll be at O'Briens from 6 til whenever for great beer & appetizers (great beer batter fries & onion rings!) . They also have really good sandwiches, if you opt to eat real food there.

And Monday is Pitcher Night --all their beers available in pitchers are discounted!

There's also soda & water available for non-drinkers; you don't have to drink beer!

O'Briens: 4646 Convoy St., San Diego, CA 92111
www.obrienspub.net

2 blks north of Balboa in a strip mall on the SW corner of Opportunity & Convoy. FYI, parking in the lot often sucks; park on the street if it's easier.

Psst. Rumor has it that one or more folks may even be coming down from the greater OC area... =)

Yeah, I was confused. We had a great turnout in North County, with 3 folks coming down from Lakewood/Fullerton/Mission Viejo =)!

I think the extra 30+ miles for them to make it to this San Diego one would make it reaaaaallly unlikely for them to ever make it. But we have fun & great food & beer & company anyway!

Woot!! I was there a couple years ago on St Pat's, & it wasn't nuts, and there wasn't a cover charge =). It'll be interesting and yummy to see what's on tap Monday... as of yesterday it was:

• Hwy to the Danger Zone IIIPA - Acoustic Ales
  • Interlude - Allagash Brewing Company
  • McIllhenny's Irish Red - Alpine Beer Company
  • Rosy Barl Sour Ale - Anderson Valley
  • Maharaja Imperial IPA - Avery Brewing Company
  • Sculpin IPA - Ballast Point
  • Racer 5 IPA - Bear Republic
  • Cuvee des Jacobins - Brouwerij Bockor N.V.
  • Cabernale - Craftsman Brewing Company
  • West Coast IPA - Green Flash Brewing Company
  • Fusion 19 - Lagunitas
  • Cosimole Stout - Monkey Paw
  • WrathChild Weizenbock(O'Brien's 20th Ann. Ale) - Monkey Paw
  • Hop Diggity IIPA - Mother Earth Brewing Co.
  • Kismet IPA - Mother Earth Brewing Co.
  • Por Que No? (Bourbon bbl aged Imp. Brown) - Mother Earth Brewing Co.
  • Primordial IIPA - Mother Earth Brewing Co.
  • Single Hop Mosaic Pale - Ninkasi Brewing Co.
  • Pistol Whip'd Pils - Noble Ale Works
  • Mongo Imperial IPA - Port Brewing
  • Black Raspberry Nectar - Redstone Meadery
  • Sunshine Nectar - Redstone Meadery
  • Monks Lunch Belgian Single - Ritual Brewing Co.
  • Blind Pig IPA - Russian River
  • Pliny the Elder - Russian River
  • Pale Ale - Sierra Nevada
  • Single Hop Harvest - Sierra Nevada
  • Apprentice IPA - Societe Brewing
  • Matt's Burning Rosids Strong Saison - Stone Brewing
  • Tropic Haze IPA - Thorn St. Brewing
  • Nickel Beer Co. Stonewall Stout - Ze Thursday Cask

Do you see why I kinda like this place???? --Carol

See you there tonight!!

Back