• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire carriers

PC-UT-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
tire carriertire carrier

So I need a rear bumper/tire carrier. I know most of you will say get the c4x4 but I just don't like it. I really like the BPI and the new warn bumpers. So where can I buy the Warn? Or is that one bad and I should look at something else?

What about the C4x4 carrier and bumper don't you like? If you are getting a carrier, look around. Or, do as everyone else here does, and fab one up for yourself. I personally have the C4x4 bumper and love it, but if you don't want that, check out www.quadratec.com they have the warn, Tomken, and i think 2 other brands. I don't have experience with any other brand though. Sorry i couldn't help more.

Personaly I dont like the C4x4 either. First of all is dosent have any tow points or D-rings wich really sucks. Also the tire carrier hangs out way too much, I would be bashing that thing everywhere if it was on my rig. I think it would be much better if the tire carrier was on top of the bumper, not hanging off the back of it.

I like the way the bumper itself looks, its very nice looking and offers good protection but again there are no D-rings or at least a 2" reciver.

Renegade Jpr said:
I like the way the bumper itself looks, its very nice looking and offers good protection but again there are no D-rings or at least a 2" reciver.

I already had the biggest hitch you can get on my jeep before i got the bumper and it works with the hitch on there, so that wasn't a problem for me. I've got the 2 inch reciever and D-ring mount already in that. And, I don't do rocks, I'm in FL so it is woods trials and mud for me, so I havn't bashed it on anything yet.

C4x4 will put shackle mounts and shackles in on one for you if thats what pisses you off about it.

Back